Looking for AMD 8350 Yosemite 10.10.3 Update and iCloud/Facetime Fix
2 2

I have an AMD system (please find specs below).  I have successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.1 using Yosemite Zone and I am very impressed by how smooth and really snappy OS X runs on the 8350.  Yet I will only call this installation semi-successful for two things:  first, iCloud and Facetime do not work, and second, Yosemite 10.10.3 update seems to be unachievable for my system at this time.

This is not to say that I am not happy.  In fact, if my installation stays unchanged, I would still be able to live with it.  Except I think about that last final step towards a complete working system and I get restless.  I think about it all the time.

I have reinstalled Yosemite many times, having broken it after numerous unsuccessful attempts.  Yet I am willing to reinstall it over and over again until I find my solution.  So if someone out there knows for sure that certain solutions for certain systems simply have not yet been created, please have mercy and let me know.

My compliments and thanks to those who pioneered and made devotees out of all of us!

My specs:

Processor:  AMD FX8350

Motherboard/Chipset:  Sabertooth 990FX r2.0/SB950

Graphics:  Asus Poseidon GTX 780 3GB

Ethernet:  Realtek 8111F

1 answer to this question

Both iCloud and Facetime require an Intel processor to work. Also, some SSSE3 etc. scripts don't work with AMD processors on OSX. Try installing Photoshop and applying the Black and White filter. It will crash. 

This has to do with the kernel that you are using and some ID numbers that the OS uses to identify processors through the kernel. For some reason iCloud and Facetime ONLY work with the vanilla Apple kernel. This might change in the following years, since Apple changed the default directory for the Kernel and the folder now is named "Kernels", which means they will add more kernels or smt. They also added the option of downloading iCloud and iCloud Drive on Windows.

The only way to enable iCloud and Facetime is to install it on a PC which runs with the original Apple kernel, create a new user, login to iCloud and Facetime, take a time machine backup of that machine and then restore the user on your AMD hackintosh. You must then be VERY careful not to log out.

As far as I am concerned, there is an AMD FX kernel which works with 10.10.3. My processor is the FX-8320 and it works.