Stuck on '[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed' - Tried every solution I can find from around the web
2 2

Question

Hi, so I'm stuck at the quite common it seems -   [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I understand this to be a graphics problem from reading around the web. Solutions I have found and my problem with them:

Use integrated Grpahics - I dont have them, I'm on a M-ATX mobo with no support

Delete graphics kexts (most common 'solution') - 2 problems with this

1. When booting into single user mode and typing 'fsck -fy' followed by 'mount -uw /' I get "disk2s2 is write protected" (I have tried 2 separate USB sticks).

2. They dont seem to exist in the Niresh install anyway, when looking in System/Library/Extensions from within Windows or OSX

Booting with flags "/x99 cpus=1 npci=0x2000 -v" as standard, other flags such as IGPEnabler=Yes/No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, PCIRootUID=1, dart=0. Get me no further than this.

My guess is that because I have no integrated GFX and the Niresh install has no graphics kexts that I actually do need these kexts to boot. But I dont know which ones I need... If this sounds plausible could someone direct me in the right direction, or if anyone has any other ideas I would be grateful for these too. 

Specs:

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X99M-Gaming 5

3.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-5820K

NVidiaGTX980

HP z24x (DVI)

2 answers to this question

I have the same card, and to get round this issue you just need to add nv_disable=1

Once you're in you can download the proper nvidia drivers which are linked all over this site, and you're done.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have tried nv_disable=1, I forgot to mention it above. It produces the same result.

I am tring a tonymacx86 guide with a vanilla install of Yosemite now, someone with very similar hardware had success over on tonymac. 

Distros like Niresh are nice when they work, but when a problem crops up the heavy customization means advice on the internet doesn't necessarily apply.