Install Help!
1 1

Question

Hey all,

I just built a new computer, I make sure everything I purchased (hardware) was on the list of compatible hardware, Asus Z97-A Motherboard, Intel Core i5-4690K Processor, 8GB Ram.

I installed the Hackintosh Zone boot file to an 8GB USB drive, as directed by the guide.

I had to use -x GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=0 maxmem=4096 to get the installer to load.

I am installing OSX to it's own HDD, a 3TB Seagate drive.   I read that OSX can't use more than 2TB (Seems odd)?  So I repartitioned to 1TB for the OS and 2 TB for storage..

Everything installed fine, it rebooted, was loading Hackintosh Zone loading screen, gets about 3/8 of the way threw loading, and locks up..

I shut the computer off, updated the BIOS to the latest Firmware, reset the BIOS settings to Optimized Defaults and set "Other OS" under Secure..

I finally was able to get it to boot into OSX!  But I HAVE to use -x in order to get it to boot with out freezing....  I BELIVE it is hanging up on the audio driver because when I boot -v as soon as it trys to load the audio driver I hear static out of the speakers and it hangs.

I use to be very computer savvy, but recently have gone threw stage 4 cancer/chemo and am seeming having to learn all the techie stuff over again..

I've never used OSX before,  I have used Linux/BSD in the past, but again that was before cancer/chemo and I have forgotten most if not everything I use to know about it..

I soo close to get this working, but I can't just take it somewhere and pay them to get it working!   So I need your help!

I guess the first think I need to figure out is, why do I have to use the -x flag to get it to boot?

Next what do I need to do to fix the Video/flicker issue..

Then, how to fix the audio?

After I get everything working, I'd like to know if it's possible to have a graphical boot loader that would show an apple Image for OSX and a Windows Image for Windows and you just click which one to boot..

Thanks,

-TheChad

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet