Failing to get an installation working on an AMD machine
1 1

Question

I'm a newbie and very stuck getting installed - i would really appreciate some help.

The PC I am using has an AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor - 2.80 GHz. with 6GB RAM.

The Display Adapter is NVIDIA GeForce 9100

The OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

I tried following the instruction post and the video instructions for installing on AMD machine, and failed miserably.  I was unable to get the computer to boot from the USB, with either the .dmg or the .iso file on it (put on the USB flash drive by means of Win32DiskImager, per the instructions text and video).

So I set up a VM using VMware Player version 6.0.6 build-2700073.  (I am  not sure if this is the right version to use - it was recommended by a comp sci lecturer).

I set up a VM using the Yosemite .iso file.  In the initial install i used an amd64 bootflag.  The VM opens to the Hackintosh splash page, and never gets further.  

The VM settings are:

4GB Memory

1 Processor

8GB Hard Disk (IDE)

CD/DVD (IDE) - using the Yosemite .iso file

Network Adapter NAT

Sound Card - Auto Detect

Display - Autodetect

The OS shows as Other-64-bit

Please help.  My goal is to get a machine going that i can use to load XCode for some coding. If anyone seeing this has any ideas of what i am doing wrong, and what I should do instead, please let me know.

1 answer to this question

It's useful if you provide a screenshot using the -v (verbose) bootflag.