stuck at hackintosh splash screen
3 3

Question

Using an HP desktop with:

AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor - 2.80 GHz. with 6GB RAM.

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Display Adapter

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

I was unable to boot the system from a USB flash drive,  wither with the .dmg file or the .iso file. (The system ignores the usb, and goes straight to a windows boot). 

So I created a VM, using VMware Player version 6.0.6 build-2700073.  (I am  not sure if this is the right version to use - it was recommended by a comp sci lecturer.  But I feel like i am flying blind, and one of my querstions is whether i need a different VM platform, or if i should forget the VM route altogether, and go back to trying to get the system to boot from USB.)

I set up a VM using the Yosemite .iso file.  The VM opens to the Hackintosh splash page, and never gets further.  The  VM settings are:

4GB Memory

2 Processor

20GB Hard Disk (IDE)

CD/DVD (IDE) - using the Yosemite .iso file

Network Adapter NAT

Sound Card - Auto Detect

Display - Autodetect

The OS shows as Other-64-bit

Suggestions for what to do next?

7 answers to this question

I googled that flag and see that it make ssense to use.  Thanks.  But I I need some more guidance in how to use the flag. 

Are you suggesting that i use it on a USB Flash Drive that i boot from?  If so, any idea how to add the flag when creating a boot drive using Win32DiskImager (as recommended inn the ionstallation page on this site)?  Or are you suggesting tnat i use that bootflag with a VM?  (I'm not sure how to do that - the first VM I did i got a command line prompt for entering bootflags - but then I made another and there was no command line prompt.

And one more question - I saw a posting elsewhere that suggested using the following boot flag string:
npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f kext-dev-mode=1

Do you recommend using all of those flags?  And what about adding amd or amd64? 

Thanks again.

1. Are you using VmWare or Virtualbox to load?

2. When you booting from your virtual drive u need to start with boothloader (Chamelion or Clover). 

Once i always starts with Chamelion it has to show you command prompt to insert a  bootflags

From VM u can not to send any flags to boot. It has to be from boothloader,

Try to boot from usb or create a virtual disk with DaemonTools it might help you to boot with boothloader. Niresh Yosemite 10.10.1 is the best way to boot for me. Have no troubles with install. 

If that helps you - 

My flags are: /amd1 -v npci=0x3000 

System: MB: ASUS M5A97 r2.0 , 4x4gb RAM DDR3, 256 SSD Plextor, Gigabyte Radeon HD6670 2GB VideoCard.

Make sure you have correct bios settings also try this flag "-f" if not work try "-f -v"

• If HPET is available change it to ON & set HPET Mode as 64 Bit
  • Set SATA as AHCI
  • Enable ‘Executive Disable Bit’ (also known as XD Technology) (Disabling this may cause Hackintosh to Reboot Instantly)
  • Enable ‘Virtualization Technology’ (also known as VT Technology)
  • USB Legacy to ON (If you experience some usb related issues in verbose mode try switching to OFF)
  • If UEFI available turn it off & Enable legacy Boot
  • Save BIOS settings and restart

Sorry in advance for a question that may seem stupid.

Do you know of anywhere I can find instructions for creating a VM in virtualbox that starts with Chamelion and then load the OS?

I think i understand the idea - but I don't know how to do it and haven't found any instructions.  It appears that for a VM I need to use the ISO file (rather than the DMG) and i have created VMs that are pointed at those files, but neither works or even gets very far.  With VMWare Player I get a splash screen.  With virtualbox i see a long list of commandline instructions with a bunch of responses that read like a long list of failures.

If you know of a step-by-step or other instructions I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks both imputazz and kotyari4. I need a few more hints, if you (or anyone else reading this) can help.

Following iimputazz's note, I checked my bios again and found that:

- I could not find an HPET setting in the BIOS.
- The SATA is set as AHCI
- I could not find Executive Disable Bit or XD Technology setting.
- Virtualization Technology is already enabled (did that when i first started on this project).
- I could not find a USB Legacy setting.
- I could not find a UEFI setting (could it be in the boot menu instead of BIOS?)

Regarding kotyari4's comment: "When you booting from your virtual drive u need to start with boothloader (Chamelion or Clover). " I cannot see how to make that happen.  I have never used VMWare or Virtualbox before, so I am pretty sure I am missing something.  The steps to set up a VM seems pretty simple - until i need to get it to boot using the Niresh .dmg or .iso file.  And i cannot find any specific instructions in the site regarding the steps to do this - are there instructions somewhere, or a Youtube instruction video - that anyone out there can direct me to?  Please...

wait - i got a little farther - i turns out that I needed to install the virtualbox extensions pack.

Now I get to the install section 0- but get stuck when it asks me to select a drive for the OS - the only drive showing is named Yosemite Zone, and the system tells me that it doesn't have enough free memory to install.

Ideas?