Hello guyz, after a lot of research and uncountable tries with various kernels and kext files, i had successfully installed OSX 10.10.3 on my AMD FX 8350. I would like to help every AMD FX users on how to install 10.10.3 on their System and enable GFX acceleration on nvidia cards.

Download the 10.10.3 Combo update file from the link below.

Installation Instructions:

Step 1: Install Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 with /amd1 bootflag 

Install 10.10.1 with Unibeast drive using amd kernel

Step 2: Download the .rar file from the link below and extract it.

Step 3: In the rar file you will get a file as "kern" without quotes. Its the kernel file. Copy/paste the file on the root of you hackintosh drive. Also copy/paste two other kext files named as AppleACPIPlatform.kext     and     IOPCIFamily.kext   on the root of your hackintosh or downloads folder of your hackintosh as we will need these two files later. Also Copy/paste the Web driver which i had also given on the rar file.

Step 4: Now its time to install the 10.10.3 combo update file which u had downloaded.

Step 5: After installing the update file, dont restart your PC. First, you have to copy/paste the pthread.kext file on System/Library/Extensions. or you can use Kext Wizard to install the Kext.

You will get the pthread.kext file on the rar file which u had downloaded. On the rar file, you will get a .zip file named as Extract that zip file and you will get pthread.kext.

Step 6: After installing the kext, Fix permissions with Kext wizard and then restart your PC and let the update complete.

Step 7: After updating the hackintosh to 10.10.3, its time to boot. So now we need that kernel file which we had pasted on the root directory of the hackintosh drive earlier. So, insert the Yosemite Zone Pendrive as because we need that drive to boot into our hackintosh drive as it has got chameleon installed.

Step 8: After inserting the Yosemite Zone Pendrive, boot from the pendrive and select your hackintosh drive from the chameleon boot menu. And now use the following boot flags:

/kern -v -x -f

Step 9: Patience. It will take some time to boot and after successful boot, it will boot without hardware acceleration.

Step 10: Now we need to install the two other kext which we had copied earlier. So fire up Kext Wizard and install those two kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext  and   IOPCIFamily.kext. After installing the kexts, fix permission using kext wizard. 

Step 11: install the nvidia web driver which you had copied earlier. After installing the driver, remember to use boot flag nvda_drv=1 on org.chameleon.boot.plist and also copy the kernel file "kern" without quotes to System/Library/kernels and run chameleon Wizard and on org.chameleon.boot. option, tick mark kernel option and on the text bar below type in "kern" without quotes. This will make the OSX boot with kern everytime and you dont need to enter /kern bootflag everytime.

Step 12: Reboot your PC and on the Chameleon Boot menu, Choose your hackintosh drive and hit ENTER.

My Specification:

Edited by hworang29

5 answers to this question

sorry, but this guide won't work for me. i tried it and i got an kernel panic error. I have the same CPU, but not a nivida graphic card. Step 8 won't work......

I have a Phenom 9500 and this kernel doesn't work 

I would just like to say, if you get a kernel panic error, do what I did to update to 10.10.4. do 2 installs of the mac os x 10.10 Yosemite so you have 2 virtual machines that are exactly the same, pick a system, disable Journal in Diskutil, then update one with the combo update after editing the permissions, close your virtual machine down once the update is done instead of rebooting at bios, boot your second mac setup and add the first Mac os vmdk to the new install, copy pthread and kernel over to the original hard drive, reboot the first (If everything was done right it should boot fine). Then once you're into the system, copy the remaining files to the correct folder, fix permissions, reenable journal and you should be good to go.

Amd FX 8150 eight core processor 

12gb ram 

MSA88-M Board supporting 

os x or kernel 

nvidia quadro fx 3540

Mac os x link