10.10.3 Updater on AMD VM
2 2

Question

hey guys, i'm currently running 10.10.1 from niresh on VMWare Workstation and i tried to upgrade to 10.10.3 witht he updater from this forum. I also made a folder HackintoshUpdater on the Desktop with the AMD kernel and the kexts but after some time the installer tells me it fails. I don't know why, do you have any tipps for that? I'm running the AMD FX-8350 as CPU

2 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. The installer fails while running the postinstall script.

My host machine is a desktop with an AMD FX 9590 running Linux. The virtual machine is running inside of VMware Workstation 11, guest OS is Yosemite (10.10.1) installed with the Yosemite Zone installer.

The installer fails, so I ran the 10.10.3 combo updater, replaced my kernel with Tora Chi Yo's 10.10 SSEPlus Rev8 kernel, and replaced pthreads.kext.

Rebooted the VM (not through the installer, though, I just restarted the VM), and got an unrecoverable "memory allocation error."

Edit: Reverted to a snapshot from before I ran either of the installers. Going to try this guide and then I'll report back. If that doesn't work, I plan on trying this guide, too.

Edited by shawtyarabia