Kernel Panic on install
1 1

Hello I've downloaded Niresh 10.10.1 from the site. Over a year ago I managed to get 10.9 to run on the same set up, with minor issues, so I know OSX can run on my PC, I mean 10 can't be that much different form 9.

My specs are as followed

• ASUS Sabertooth z77
  • i7 2700k
  • 32GB of DDR3 1600 RAM
  • AMD Radeon 7970 3GB
  • Some peripherals like A bluetooth adapter and Capturecard.

Here is a link to the panic error I get.

They are both the same error just taken on a different monitor.

I've looked around the site for possible fixes, and boot flags and have tried several like /haswell, USBBugFix=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -v, all result in the same thing. Obviously adding bootflags at random is not helping my cause, and would like a clearer answer. Its no big deal if I can't get it working, I could always revert to 10.9, but I would like to at least know whats causing this issue.

I also tried to half-a** the instillation by mounting a physical disk on VMware and installing it that way, but while all the files copy over fine, I'm unable to boot to it outside of Workstation using any boot loader I try.

Thanks in advanced.

Update: Noticed Safeboot was enabled, but disabling it does nothing. Also Installed 10.9 using VMware, and I must say the Default bootloader (The one with the GUI) is amazing. Unlike the default DOS looking one for 10.10, It can load my Windows 10 SSD no problem. I'm trying to figure out which bootloader option in the customize menu gives that option. But selecting things seems to be broken in VMware, I accidentally select something like Don't Install bootloader, then it goes off and also decides to enable the Nvidia Drivers and I can't unselect them or hit undo. oh Well =P

Edited by Jason Finch

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet