amd r9 270x R9 270X Not working in Yosemite zone
1 1

Question

I've been trying to get my setup running well with Yosemite zone, but I have faced some difficulties with getting the graphics card to run smoothly (that is what I think it is). My specs:

AMD FX 8320, Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X 4GB (OC Edition), Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3, 8 GB RAM, 250GB separate drive for Yosemite, 1TB drive for Windows, chameleon bootloader

I am able to install Yosemite zone perfectly fine, using the bootflags:

GraphicsEnabler=no npci=0x3000 -v

My problem is that everything isn't smooth, windows have broken transparency and the mouse is jumpy with lag everywhere. I cannot select any other resolutions without defining one in the chameleon boot options. From what I've heard my type of gpu normally works straight away.

If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, when booting I get as far as a cursor. When force rebooting from this stage and booting with GraphicsEnabler=no, login breaks and I have to reinstall Yosemite zone.

I don't think the problem is to do with my kernel, but I am new to hackintoshing so I wouldn't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers to this question

Add the bootflag AtiConfig=Futomatik

Hi Gatekeeper,

After adding the bootflag you mentioned, I get a kernel panic when booting with graphics enabled, and it makes no difference when graphics are disabled.