Dual Boot Yosemite & windows 10 using Bootcamp
1 1

Question

Hi guys recently I bought a new laptop from aftershock pc is a custom laptop and I was checking around Google but couldn't find any info on using bootcamp to install windows for hackintosh, so here i am wondering if anyone has manage to use bootcamp to install windows for a hackintosh. I am going to dual boot on two different drives just for the info. And also i am not sure if the Nvidia is going to work on the hackintosh.

this is the specs of my new laptop:

- Intel i7 4720HQ processor

- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 Graphics

- 32GB DDR3L 1600MHZ RAM

- Intel 7265 AC wifi + bt

- 120GB Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

- 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi Hdd Drive

6 answers to this question

Hello! What you are going to have to do is install windows then go into disk management and partition a new simple volume. Once you have done this you will insert your boot USB drive and install OSX on the new simple volume you just created (After you erase it ofc) Then once you are in OSX after everything is configured you need to restart it, download multibeast or chameleon. (Your choice) And select  a theme. Then at boot you will have the option to choose between your OSX partion or your windows one. Let me know if you need any further help! 

Thanks for the info #killer987123 I know about this method of using the chameleon bootloader but what I am trying out now is to use the bootcamp on the OSX instead of the bootloader. I started yesterday creating windows 8.1 usb using the bootcamp but when I restart it didn't show anything and it boot to my OSX again 

So has anyone come up with any idea to use boot camp on hackintosh? That's my main concern cause right now I am looking for ways to bypass the bios/firmware to allow bootcamp to work on hackintosh

So has anyone come up with any idea to use boot camp on hackintosh? That's my main concern cause right now I am looking for ways to bypass the bios/firmware to allow bootcamp to work on hackintosh

I think your laptop might have supported hardware. Try this guide. If this works for you then you can get Retail mac os x and boot camp without any problems.

Thanks i will try the guide and post on updates of my installation :)

I have successfully install Yosemite on my laptop as first OS the only thing is that I am still unable to use boot camp to install windows. After the boot camp process my laptop restart but unable to boot on to the windows install, it boot straight up to OSX again