95% Complete Install and Dual boot Windows 8 [AMD]

3 posts in this topic

Hey all I'd like to post about my setup and the tiny work I had to do for this install.

My Rig:

-GA-970A-DS3 (Rev 1.0)

-AMD FX 6100

-12 GB Ram

-MSI GTX 650 1GB OC

Posted Image

The install was amazing smooth.

I need to use boot flag's of "amd -v"

The first time after the install I couldn't get it to boot at all, so after some reading I tried "GraphicsEnabler=no" on the boot loader and went straight in :).

Everything seemed to work which it did, but one part didn't work 100% which was the audio. Don't get me wrong it worked but was and still is very quite and tinny. I've looked around for kexts for my device which "System Info" app says is a SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) I found some Kext but couldn't seem to make them work at all (They show compatible with 10.9.x Unknown).

So after a while of trying I was about to give up. But then was playing with my audio out and changed it to one of the HDMI out, which one happened to be my monitior which has speakers. I was amazed that the audio was working perfectly, so I wacked my transmitter in to my monitors audio out and the sound was good, and I am happy to live with it like this.

That is why its 95%.

But other than that minor audio issue I've had no problems at all with anything crashing or failing *yet.

So to rap this thread up I am still out looking for the kext for my audio but for now I am quite happy with the setup :).

Also a side note I have Lion running on my laptop, sadly on it the Wirelss and Eithernet don't work and I've yet to find kexts for it. But for now I have a wirless adapter for it (Old android phone :P) :).

Thanks a lot Niresh!!

Ali

Keep us posted!! When you manage to fully install os x to that setup

Sadly I can't get the audio to nativly work. So I've got a every cheap USB audio for £2.79 off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-3D-Virtual-7-1-Channel-Audio-Sound-Card-Adapter-for-PC-Laptop-WIN-7-MAC-/251342376758?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_SoundCards&hash=item3a852c4f36

Which for me works prefectly and allows me to control sound through Mac as where with my graphics card I couldn't.

Ali