Video Issue
2 2

Question

FIRST: A shout out to everyone on the team here for your hard work and generosity sharing everything with us! Thanks a lot!

I own a 2010 MacBook Pro, but I love building the hacks!

Wondering if I can get a little help here... I've successfully installed Hackintosh Zone Yosemite...

My problem is I can't get video without using the boot flag: nv_disable=1... Of course I just get a janky low res system when I get in..

If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, my monitor shuts off (lost signal) after grey apple boot screen..

If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No I get a grey/white screen with no cursor after grey apple boot screen...

I've tried several combinations of boot flags together: GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, PCRootUID=0/1, npci=0x2000/3000 ---No Joy...

Everything else is fine and video was fine on this card/system on snow leopard...

MB:  Asus P5QE

GPU:   BFG Tech Gforce GTS 250 1GB.

I'll be happy to provide more info if necessary (I'm definitely green behind the ears when it comes to hackintosh --but otherwise very tech savvy)

Thank you for any help!  :-)  Denster

Edited by Denster
Removed incorrect comment about another systems specs

2 answers to this question

Hey,

I had a lot of troubles with installing Niresh on my P5Q Pro board, interesting because on all other boards I tried it was the easiest way to make a hackintosh bootable. Managed a few q35, h61, z77 chipset boards working just fine with this method but no success with P5Q pro, so I tried with EasyBeast and it was it, booted, working. So try another method, There is something in this distro messing with that mob. In other hand, for other boards, I find Niresh method for the best way to install Mavericks. So my advice is to try another method.

Cheers.

Sorry for my English.

Edited by Brattila

@Brattila: Thanks for your response! Good advice to try another method.... I did. I gave up on trying to get the GTS 250 graphics working. I swapped it out for an 8800 GTS. The 8800 GTS "Just Works" lending more time for other endeavors...