Hackintosh ZONE - AMD build - Unable to boot in normal mode
2 2

Question

Hi Guys, I would like your help on my Hackintosh system. I can start in safe mode without any problem just by using ( -x npci=0x2000 ). The problem is that I cannot start in normal mode. It hangs on a gray screen with the spinning lollipop/wheel and just sits there not doing anything. I used only hackintosh zone distro and did not install anything else except the network Kext with KextBeast. 

My build is:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3.0

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition

GPU: MSI AMD ATI HD 7750 (Cape Verde) 1Gb VRAM DDR5

RAM: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3

Network: Realtek chipset RTL 1869 (from TPLink on PCI) - managed to get it run on my first try with KextBeast with native support after removing ATI kexts

Distro: Hackintosh Zone Yosemite 10.10.1

My problem is I am new to this :) 

I am stuck at this point in safe mode and I don't know where to go from here.

What I tried until now:

Booting in normal mode with the following flags:

1.) npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v   -> Not working

2.) npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v                             -> Not working

===================================================

PS: I am unable to boot otherwise, I have no secondary on board card. I would appreciate all suggestions with detailed explanations because I have no clue how to do a DSDT injection or more complicated stuff, but if it's explained step by step I can get it.

On my first try I managed to enter in safe mode only through HDMI with my Samsung TV connected because it had dual display set up default and I used PCIRootUID=1 on the second install and now I don't need the HDMI to see my screen on my BENQ monitor.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by lordmeka

2 answers to this question

Hi Guys, I would like your help on my Hackintosh system. I can start in safe mode without any problem just by using ( -x npci=0x2000 ). The problem is that I cannot start in normal mode. It hangs on a gray screen with the spinning lollipop/wheel and just sits there not doing anything. I used only hackintosh zone distro and did not install anything else except the network Kext with KextBeast. 

My build is:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3.0

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition

GPU: MSI AMD ATI HD 7750 (Cape Verde) 1Gb VRAM DDR5

RAM: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3

Network: Realtek chipset RTL 1869 (from TPLink on PCI) - managed to get it run on my first try with KextBeast with native support after removing ATI kexts

Distro: Hackintosh Zone Yosemite 10.10.1

My problem is I am new to this :) 

I am stuck at this point in safe mode and I don't know where to go from here.

What I tried until now:

Booting in normal mode with the following flags:

1.) npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -v   -> Not working

2.) npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v                             -> Not working

===================================================

PS: I am unable to boot otherwise, I have no secondary on board card. I would appreciate all suggestions with detailed explanations because I have no clue how to do a DSDT injection or more complicated stuff, but if it's explained step by step I can get it.

On my first try I managed to enter in safe mode only through HDMI with my Samsung TV connected because it had dual display set up default and I used PCIRootUID=1 on the second install and now I don't need the HDMI to see my screen on my BENQ monitor.

Thank you in advance.

Try vga or dvi and make sure u backup all graphics kext to do that u should boot with -s and wait till its says root and type 

fsck -fy 

mount -uw/

grafix backup all 

reboot 

after those steps try to boot with /amd64

Hope i helped

I also have a amd system

1 person likes this

Try vga or dvi and make sure u backup all graphics kext to do that u should boot with -s and wait till its says root and type 

fsck -fy 

mount -uw/

grafix backup all 

reboot 

after those steps try to boot with /amd64

Hope i helped

I also have a amd system

I tried now booting in single user mode to repair my HSF partition but I can't, this FS is kind of easy to break I see. Can I use fsck to fix the file system?

Diskutil says I can't repair my partition. Is there any chance to repair it? Or I have to reinstall the whole system again?