Booting problem
2 2

Question

Hello I have downloaded Niresh OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and burned t to a DVD. but I am unable to boot this on my AMD PC. when its booted and shows the Niresh-OSX 10.8.5, I pressed enter, but it doesn't boot. I have the following configuration in my PC  -

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PTProcessor: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X2 560RAM: 8 GBGraphics: 1GB  ATI Radeon 3000 integratedHDD: 320GB SATA

I need help how can I boot this? 

1 person likes this

35 answers to this question

boot with amd -v or amd64 -v 

1 person likes this

boot with amd -v or amd64 -v 

When I use this flags take message:

Can't find /amd64

Cant't find /amd

It works.

Musty be:

-amd64 -v

Hello Everyone. I have tried with both amd -v  and amd64 -v  . but its not working. I am installing through a DVD. Need Help here.

try to boot from the menu at start up, and make sure that your keyboard is working when you press Enter 

Yes with that setup you can run 10.9 at ease.Try and if you get stuck we'll help you out

I have the same problem on my gateway nv79 I3 with this or 10.9. I have tried all the boot flags. I first started with 10.9 then came back and downloaded this distro. It starts up like it's going to work then asks if I want to boot to the disc or hd. I select disc then back through the cycle it goes. Same pattern for both distros.

I have the same problem on my gateway nv79 I3 with this or 10.9. I have tried all the boot flags. I first started with 10.9 then came back and downloaded this distro. It starts up like it's going to work then asks if I want to boot to the disc or hd. I select disc then back through the cycle it goes. Same pattern for both distros.

Boot with -v and tell me where you get the error

It goes quickly back to the gateway boot screen it doesn't stop on error. I briefly saw a kernel cache error that went by quickly. 

I have never had an issue with installing Niresh distros on this laptop. I am using it now. It works great only never have been able to get USB working but was hoping that would change with new distro. I am currently running 10.7.3 I have been recovering from a major back surgery from work injury and have now just started being able to work on this again. Now being disabled I want to use this even more just love the os better than windows. 

I have never had an issue with installing Niresh distros on this laptop. I am using it now. It works great only never have been able to get USB working but was hoping that would change with new distro. I am currently running 10.7.3 I have been recovering from a major back surgery from work injury and have now just started being able to work on this again. Now being disabled I want to use this even more just love the os better than windows. 

i see Your Point and i wish i can Help You out some more in getting your hackingtosh Up and Running

I got this to install but get voodopowermini: failed to take control of cpu any ideas how I can boot around that. I have tried everything again ugh. 

I got this to install but get voodopowermini: failed to take control of cpu any ideas how I can boot around that. I have tried everything again ugh. 

Tell your System Specs ??? also what option your selecting when install OSX 

try to boot from the menu at start up, and make sure that your keyboard is working when you press Enter 

I tried but not working .. and my keyboard is totaly working .  when I used /mach_kernel then its appear apple Boot screen but it got stucked .. I think /mach_kernel flag will support for my motherboard. but i dont know how to use /mach_kernel flag . I need help . 

mach_kernel flags won't support your mobo try this flag kernel=amd or amd64

yo cuando no me funcionan los usb cargo usb.apk de iatkos ml2 (hay que tener instalacion para ver todos los archivos)

I still can't get anywhere. I am back on 10.7.3 I made a unibeast install of maverick. I start up it boots to the usb I pick the maverick img and it flashes the apple briefly. It then starts rebooting and starts all over. Should I do the install within lion then run multibeast?

i am not helping those who are using tonycraps again plz don't use any thing from his site Plz Read bfore posting http://prasys.info/2011/01/tonymac-seriously/You can download Niresh 10.7.3 or Use a Myhack they are much better than Unishits

I am new to all this please if I offended I am sorry. I didn't know not to use his stuff can you please point me to your way I will gladly use it. Thanks so much.

Niresh 10.7.3 or Myhack 

you can download qouted method distro 10.7.3 made by niresh you don't need to do modification any in files ,,myhack is tool like a unishit you can use this ,,i am supporting both depend upon you which you gonna selecting 

Also my gateway nv79 is an Intel i3 with 4gb ram, Intel hd graphics, Intel hm55 motherboard. It works great right now on 10.7.3 the only thing not working is sleep and display is 1024. I hope that helps I am hoping I can run maverick as I would like to buy the new aperture app.