Stop reporting files as broken that they aren't
1 1

Question

C'mon people, just because a kext or something else didn't worked for you, doesn't mean that the file is broken.

The file is broken when you can't unzip it or open because it's corrupt. And if the file it's corrupt, download again. Maybe the server was overloaded and that cancelled your download.

So please, do a little bit of effort when looking for a file. Check if it's your problem.

Thank you

2 people like this

12 answers to this question

Im with you!! I been getting alot of notification that my Amd 5450 is Corrupted.So i keeo checkin and the file isFine.Thank You for bringing that up

1 person likes this

If File won't work for and issue related to files plz write in comment area so we can make our work better ,also try to contact uploader of file or admin to related Issue

Thank You 

Best Regards
Deepak

13 people like this

KhatPhat-your RADEON HD 6450 KEXT is in fact corrupt however your 5450 is not.When you download a file and it in fact wont unzip it is corrupt.However out of the several times I downloaded it it was several different sizes.I may not be great in the hackintosh world but I m a master with Linux,windoze,etc.......6450 kext corrupt as hell and broken,,,,I reported it as broken....to clarify it wouldn't unzip either after downloading it atleast 10 times at different times of day and night

@Deepak- yes I have,tried several things before I went ahead and clicked it as broken...One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the hd540 and strayed from hd6450 was because I couldn't get khatphats  6450 kexts....however I downloaded khatphats 5450 kexts and am using them now they worked flawlessly.Another thing I was curious about-----in his description he speaks of placing both files in kext wizard...When I was able to open it I saw just one kext no other file

@Deepak- yes I have,tried several things before I went ahead and clicked it as broken...One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the hd540 and strayed from hd6450 was because I couldn't get khatphats  6450 kexts....however I downloaded khatphats 5450 kexts and am using them now they worked flawlessly.Another thing I was curious about-----in his description he speaks of placing both files in kext wizard...When I was able to open it I saw just one kext no other file

It's working fine

Posted Image

1 person likes this

@deadmau5-once again didn't for me....Out of several attempts at different times of day and night it did not for me.So maybe it should work for everyone all the time?If server is being overloaded maybe some improvements to said server?or a flashing sign next to downloads like mcdonalds would do?stating its safe to download now?Although I tend to agree if you download something-use it and it doesn't work it isn't the contributors fault I do state if you can't download it is in fact broken.So maybe the ones reporting broken are in fact truthful>maybe some improvements to server very helpful....Whatever the cause I still state the damn thing is broken.If it does not make it into my downloads folder in one piece I ll stick with that...I noticed khatphat states that people complain a lot the hd5450 kext is broken ironically it worked for me to download it so it isn't broken for me so if you don't like people complaining files are broken you know where to look-would also like to state off topic sometimes as I m browsing through forums if i click page 2 it just sends me to page 1 again I never get to the next page,,,so maybe the whole damn site is messed up.Just my opinion -before we claim its the browser I m running 5 dif os s -mavericks,ubuntu 13.10,gnome,linuxmint,windows 8,,,,,it happens in each one of them....lol...this would be the first site Ive been on where you tell the moderators that each time you download the file it comes down in dif sizes,you can't unzip it but they still claim its not broken-no wonder I ended up fixing my issues by myself.Im not really seeing anyone here with any abilities sorry just my opinion as well

@deadmau5-once again didn't for me....Out of several attempts at different times of day and night it did not for me.So maybe it should work for everyone all the time?If server is being overloaded maybe some improvements to said server?or a flashing sign next to downloads like mcdonalds would do?stating its safe to download now?Although I tend to agree if you download something-use it and it doesn't work it isn't the contributors fault I do state if you can't download it is in fact broken.So maybe the ones reporting broken are in fact truthful>maybe some improvements to server very helpful....Whatever the cause I still state the damn thing is broken.If it does not make it into my downloads folder in one piece I ll stick with that...I noticed khatphat states that people complain a lot the hd5450 kext is broken ironically it worked for me to download it so it isn't broken for me so if you don't like people complaining files are broken you know where to look-would also like to state off topic sometimes as I m browsing through forums if i click page 2 it just sends me to page 1 again I never get to the next page,,,so maybe the whole damn site is messed up.Just my opinion -before we claim its the browser I m running 5 dif os s -mavericks,ubuntu 13.10,gnome,linuxmint,windows 8,,,,,it happens in each one of them....lol...this would be the first site Ive been on where you tell the moderators that each time you download the file it comes down in dif sizes,you can't unzip it but they still claim its not broken-no wonder I ended up fixing my issues by myself.Im not really seeing anyone here with any abilities sorry just my opinion as well

As you may (or may not) know, niresh distro and niresh forum came from the idea of a liitle big guy called Mr.Niresh. He is the brain behind this. So, he is working for free and paying a host from his pocket to give the best to us. And we (Moderators and administrators from the site) want to help a little bit. Needless to say that we don't get paid for this, it's just a collaboration to help niresh.

Of course, i'm not saying that you're wrong and we're right. I'm just saying that, as you said before, the server it may get overloaded and for that you can't download. Also, it could happen that you can't download due from your residence zone. For example, i'm from Argentina (South America), and if i try to download from a server like China, or Russia, i can't. I mean, i can, but the download speed is so bad, that eventually it dies. So i have to try downloading with a proxy (If you can, give it a try).

And the point of this, as i say. It's very weird that a file it's really broken. And it's broken the owner can easily check it. So, if you need so bad a file, and you can't download, send a pm to the upload, and very kindly, ask him to upload it to another server. It's not very difficult to anybody.

And, in the site we're working hard to get the site fully working, but since we have other priorities in our lifes, we can't dedicate 24hs of our time to the site. And also, we don't have proffesional developers or designers. So, if the site fails, and we can't solve it, we will try to look a solution. Sooner or late it will get fixed, but, you know, shit happens.

1 person likes this

It's working fine

Posted Image

Thank You for clarifying that it work :)
1 person likes this

we all understand servers,distance and etc...Everyone here should-however I don't think you should title a post about broken links being reported falsely based on that fact how about yourself?considering its a crapshoot to get the damn file...You may get it but the next may not so to the next the damn file would look broken now wouldn't it......I don't mind sharing my servers if it helps people here get their download and correctly but one way or another if the damn file doesn't come down the same size every time or won't unzip it means its broken..If I upload my files to my server and 2 people out of 10 state they couldn't unzip it or it came down in dif sizes then I m going to hop my ass on that server........So my debate with you guys is against the title of this post......Where some say khatphats 5450 kext is corrupt it worked flawlessly for me however the 6450 kext was dogshit corrupt as hell for me,file broken and I m proud I labeled the damn thing broken.After 11 or 12 attempts I unanimously decided with myself the damn thing is broken.Bought the hd5450 graphics card then downloaded khatphats 5450 kext came down perfectly no issues......So instead of claiming people are falsely stating broken files I say beef your shit up or borrow some shit...Right???? you ve made khayphat so happy look above he s doing the happy dance for your clarification-now clarify his shit works half the time...Last week you had issues with page links I ll volunteer my basic html coding to make sure if you click page 2 it goes there and I have 4 servers I have no issues dedicating to site

we all understand servers,distance and etc...Everyone here should-however I don't think you should title a post about broken links being reported falsely based on that fact how about yourself?considering its a crapshoot to get the damn file...You may get it but the next may not so to the next the damn file would look broken now wouldn't it......I don't mind sharing my servers if it helps people here get their download and correctly but one way or another if the damn file doesn't come down the same size every time or won't unzip it means its broken..If I upload my files to my server and 2 people out of 10 state they couldn't unzip it or it came down in dif sizes then I m going to hop my ass on that server........So my debate with you guys is against the title of this post......Where some say khatphats 5450 kext is corrupt it worked flawlessly for me however the 6450 kext was dogshit corrupt as hell for me,file broken and I m proud I labeled the damn thing broken.After 11 or 12 attempts I unanimously decided with myself the damn thing is broken.Bought the hd5450 graphics card then downloaded khatphats 5450 kext came down perfectly no issues......So instead of claiming people are falsely stating broken files I say beef your shit up or borrow some shit...Right???? you ve made khayphat so happy look above he s doing the happy dance for your clarification-now clarify his shit works half the time...Last week you had issues with page links I ll volunteer my basic html coding to make sure if you click page 2 it goes there and I have 4 servers I have no issues dedicating to site

If you want to lend us a server, please talk to Niresh. I don't have so much power on taking that kind of actions.

And the fact is, the file that i uploaded (for example) it's not broken, it's not corrupt. So, the file itself it's ok. But your download it can be completed. So, is a problem that you have. Instead of reporting the file as broken, just comment that you can't download it. Because, if you report it, i can upload it again, and again, and again. But you will not be able to download it, and if i upload it to another server, i don't have a way to contact you (Except from the pm). What i mean with this? Just leave a comment and say 'Hey, i can't download it. Can you please upload it to another server'. And then i quote you and give you the link. But if you report it, i can't comment you back. In that way we organize the broken reports, and the need of getting a mirror link.

So, i'm not blaming you. I'm just saying that there's a problem of comunication between the uploaders and the users. So, we will take a look on that and try to solve the problem to make this easier for everyone.

And, as i said, if you want to lend us a server, pm niresh. Thank you.

1 person likes this

either way you want to look at this----to your average user they don't understand servers or overloads correct?so when someone downloads a file and its fragmented or won't unzip and states corrupted then in fact the file hitting their download folder is corrupt,now whether the server was in overload or not it affected the download of the file..In return that file downloaded as corrupt...My system runs 1g internet and is fiberoptic....It seems that this has been one of the first websites I ve actually ever had a problem downloading a file so I am guessing you guys don't actually have the beefy servers needed.nonetheless it isn't my system that corrupted the file,and it may not be that file was corrupted from user,,,also you may download it clean but other users may not..The trick here is not to tell people to quit reporting false broken links but to figure out the pattern of complaint on broken links and resolve it...If khatphats files aren't corrupt-In which i had no issues downloading the 5450 kext but did with 6450 kexts then it becomes a server issue,,,not trying to complain as I do actually respect niresh s work.. i will contact niresh and see if I can help out with servers...thank you as well