No HPET's available
4 4

Question

Hi. I installed the distro and on the first boot, I got a grey screen. Then I used the flags cpus=1 ForceHPET=Yes and it booted into setup. However after a while it started hanging. Then I booted in verbose mode and it hung again, but the specified kernel panic was "No HPET's available." HPET mode is turned on in the bios.

Specs:

AMD FX-6100

Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti

Asus M5A97 R2.0

44 answers to this question

Have you tried booting without any flags? Have you tried making sure "HPET" is on in the BIOS? Have you tried making sure it's 64 bits ( If you have the option ). Is your mother board / cpu 64 bit?

I booted without flags the first time. HPET is on. And I couldnt find an option in the BIOS for 64 bit.

Hi. I installed the distro and on the first boot, I got a grey screen. Then I used the flags cpus=1 ForceHPET=Yes and it booted into setup. However after a while it started hanging. Then I booted in verbose mode and it hung again, but the specified kernel panic was "No HPET's available." HPET mode is turned on in the bios.

Specs:

AMD FX-6100

Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti

Asus M5A97 R2.0

post a image ???

I remember this error!! try booting into safe mode (-x) that always helped me. Hope it helps you

1 person likes this

1389747632_IMG_20140113_175033.jpg

Thanks again for your help

You need to delete aicpm.kext use following command 

Step 1:  Boot in Single User mode by interrupting the Chameleon bootstrap and enter -s boot flag, having highlighted the targeted OS X partition to boot from.Step 2: Shortly afterwards, you will be given the possibility to enter your own commands. You need write access to the partition, so we start with these commands:fsck -fymount -uw /Step 3: Go to the directory where you installed the kext.cd /System/Library/Extensions/orcd /Extra/ExtensionsStep 4: Remove the kext you just installed.rm -rf example.kextStep 5: Remove caches.rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cachesStep 6: Clear nvram.nvram -d boot-args Step 7: You can now run myFix by typing this command:rebootThe system will automatically reboot upon myFix completion and it should normally work again!

@Deepak What is myfix?

use this command to delete AICPM.kext which giving you kernel panic

It says myfix: command not found

forgot about myfix  type reboot

When I reboot I get a blank screen. The computer is on but the monitor isn't

have you installed NULLCPUPowerManagement.Kexts

I don't think so...I don't know what I installed in the setup I just went for the default

do a fresh install check about ncpm.kext is ticked 

do you have installation media  osx along with you ,then i'll tell you some steps  which may be won't let you to install again 

I am at the customize page lol

install it ,

It's already checked. So I'm pretty sure I installed it last time. Should I install disabler.kext instead?

It's already checked. So I'm pretty sure I installed it last time. Should I install disabler.kext instead?

yes then you don't need to delete aicpm.kext