HP Envy dv4 Intel HD 4000 Ivy i3 - Can't get the display to work after install
1 1

Question

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the Hackintosh world and loving it so far! I had 10.8.2 working almost flawlessly.. But I want the new Mavericks. I can boot the installer perfectly with just the "HP -v " boot flag, but after it installs I can't get my laptop's display to work unless I use the -x boot flag and go into safety mode. That's a problem for me because in safety mode my USB ports don't work and my wifi adapter won't work…..or audio.Does anyone have any ideas? The furthest I can get without -x is by using the boot flag cpus=1, but then it just boots into a black screen and I hear the audio of a voice telling me about os x and voice assistance...

1 person likes this

16 answers to this question

did you install the graphics kext from 10.8.2 ? or you install updated ones for 10.9 ?

I didn't install any extra graphics kexts in either... On 10.8.2 all I had to do was go into Champslist and change the resolution. After that everything looked great. On 10.9 I can't even get the display to work unless I boot into safety mode... Is there a kext that will fix this issue?

[NEW] 10.9 Intel HD 3000 & HD 4000 Driver

How To Install & Your Need Packages:

1- Install & Boot OS X 10.9.

2- Download & extract this files.

3- Download & install lastest chameleon from www.osx86.net orwww.insanelymac.com or www.onehalfkiller.com minimum chameleon 2.2 r2265+ (or newer) )

4- Download lastest kext utility from www.osx86.net

5-1- Extracted kexts copy and paste to /System/Library/Extensions and click change, okay (enter password) and open kext utility.app and enter password and click okay than see enjoy and click quit button and restart.

5-2- Or Extracted kexts drag and drop to kext utility.app and enter password and click okay than see enjoy and click quit button and restart.

Important:

Working on: HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards & HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards:

7-series motherboard (B75/Z75/H77/Z77) + 2nd gen Core-i "Sandy Bridge" CPU using HD 3000 graphics

6-series motherboard (H61/H67/P67/Z68) + 3rd gen Core-i "Ivy Bridge" CPU using HD 4000 graphics

This driver only Intel HD 3000 & HD 4000 GPU Models - Lastest chameleon bootloaderauto detect your gpu no need enabler."

Note 1 : Resolution & refresh rate change perfectly work and glass menubar = %100 working your Intel HD 3000 & HD 4000 card.

10.9_Intel_HD_3000_&_HD_4000_Driver_by_KemalALKIN.zip

read the post for guide and i attach the graphics kexts download them.Hope this fix your Graphic Problem

Well, I put the file on a USB but I can't get the USB to work in safe mode..Quick question that maybe you could answer for me.. The way I can get it to boot is with the flags -v -x GraphicsEnabler=NoIs there some reason why my display will work in safe mode, but not outside of safe mode? It seems that maybe I just have to delete a kext or something, because my display looks perfect in safe mode so somewhere in the system it must already have the file it needs to display correctly.. No?

Well, I put the file on a USB but I can't get the USB to work in safe mode..Quick question that maybe you could answer for me.. The way I can get it to boot is with the flags -v -x GraphicsEnabler=NoIs there some reason why my display will work in safe mode, but not outside of safe mode? It seems that maybe I just have to delete a kext or something, because my display looks perfect in safe mode so somewhere in the system it must already have the file it needs to display correctly.. No?

Well, I downloaded them on my other computer and transferred them to a USB for install.. The problem is that I can't get my USB ports to work in safe mode and my internet doesn't work without my wifi adapter, which only works when I'm not in safe mode... So, I feel stuck. I'm just confused as to why my display can work perfectly in safe mode, but not when booting normally.. I guess I have a lot to learn! Ha!

Well, I downloaded them on my other computer and transferred them to a USB for install.. The problem is that I can't get my USB ports to work in safe mode and my internet doesn't work without my wifi adapter, which only works when I'm not in safe mode... So, I feel stuck. I'm just confused as to why my display can work perfectly in safe mode, but not when booting normally.. I guess I have a lot to learn! Ha!

try to use clover bootloader boot , make a bootable usb of Clover using bootdiskutility then boot with that usb ,,,

Do you have any other way to get the files to the other computer?

I've tried getting them over, but nothing works in safe mode. USB ports, Ethernet, optical disk drive.. Nothing. I'm gonna reinstall and try a few different options from the installer. Quick question... Niresh says on the Mavericks download page that he inserted some different kernels. When I use the bootflag "hp -v" the installer boots and works without a problem, but after the install this boot flag no longer works? Is there a way to make it work again like it did for the installer?