Can't even get to Install screen, just reboot after reboot.
3 3

Question

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install Mavericks on my PC, and have had ZERO luck so far.

I downloaded Mavericks on a MAC, and installed it to a USB stick using Unibeast (and transferred multibeast to the same stick). I've booted up and selected USB option when it comes up, but end up in a reboot loop.

I have tried various bootflags with nothing seeming to work, and I'm starting to think that this whole Hackintosh project is doomed.

My specifications:

Processor:  AMD FX 8120 3.1GHz
RAM:   8GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD7700
HDD: 250GB SSD for windows (128GB SATA for MAC Install)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

Not sure if you need any further information to make this work, but it is remarkably frustrating trying to get anything to work. Ive tried all the normal bootflags '-v, -f, GraphicsEnabled' etc. and nothing works at all!

Please help as best you can.

14 answers to this question

Can i first Recommend!!! For you to download Niresh 10.9 usb or Iso File and Burn it To a USB DRIVE.Why Niresh Distro You ask? Because They are easier To Install and are way more Compatible With Intel and Amd Systems.And the Distro Come already modify.

2 people like this

Cool, Ill try this tonight and let you know how I get on.

ok and if you need help im here to help :)

1 person likes this

Ok, that worked brilliantly, and has installed (or so I think) to my 2nd HDD. I now get the following error.Memory Allocation Error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef size: 0x0 file: ati.c line: 1772. This is a non recoverable error. System halted.I have tried reinstalling it, but with no luck so far. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

disconnect any other HDD or disk u won't use for installation. u have to make installation clear without any unneeded  device  plugged on ur system

I did that, and still the same. I have a feeling it is something to do with the graphics card support, but not a clue how to fix it...

Are you installing it with 4GB during installation?

1 person likes this

I can't enable it on my motherboard as the option doesn't exist. I have a Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3. Still no luck :(

It seems to turn off after the IOBluetoothHCIController command when -v is used. Have tried various boot flags since, and still nothing...My current bootflag is: -force64 busratio=165 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -vThis has got me the furthest through the boot to be honest.Can you suggest anything else?

Don't use tony craps like unibeast or etc (IMO)Try to use niresh distros or vanilla one ,simply boot with -v and if git stucked post image

for Instant reboot use xpcm-free kernel

included in the distro

R9 270x not working 10.9.2 update, safe boot only shows amd radeon hd7xxx 2048mb, i can able to normal boot but mouse point spinning rainbow wheel