Black Screen after chameleon with installer USB
1 1

Question

Hi,

I am trying to install Niresh on my Acer Aspire 7551-2575 (specs at bottom), however no matter what boot flags I try; after the initial screen of text the screen changes to just a black screen (the screen is on, just black). Any one have any ideas ?

Acer Aspire 7551-2575

AMD Athlon II X2 P320

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

4GB RAM

500GB HDD

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

sorry i couldn find anything with that setup about people sucessfully installing os x 10.9 ,the best thing you can do is try 10.8.5 or 10.8.2

just  boot in  verbose mode and  use  GraphicsEnabler=No

also try to change display port  and disable multi display settings in BIOS

I am encountering the same problem on dell inspiron 11. Zador, I think what he means is that when we boot verbose, we see chameleon's "Loading kernel cache" and the like, but after that just a black screen - the installer never boots. It is not a graphics problem as the installer never starts booting to load any drivers. I somewhat new to hackintoshing, I've made only two hackintosh laptops , but my guess would be a problem with chameleon, the kernel, or the bios. If anybody has anymore ideas or insight on the issue please come forward, it would help us a lot and I would really appreciate it.

Happy hackintoshing guys!

UncleAcid, have you tried using one of the amd kernels? Although I have an intel, if you try a different kernel and it works, that would let me know if that's is the problem for me as well. If you haven't tried please try and respond back when you get the chance.