990fxa-ud3 Mavericks on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev.3 AMD FX 8350
1 1

Question

Hi guys I need a bit of help.

I have succesfully installed Mavericks on my system and everything works fine even my ATI RADEON HD 7750 works with 3d acceleration (tested with a game and it works just fine)

My problem is the following. The system loads VoodooHDA.kext for the sound card. And I only have two ports (1 input and 1 output) in the back that work and the front pannel ports.

I would like to activate all the back ports if possible (I have 6 jack ports and a digital port) and if possible HDMI sound but not a big requirement. I tried the AppleHDA.kext but it's not working, I have no sound when I install that kext. I also tried with my DSDT.msl in /Extra/

However I did not patch the DSDT because I don't know if I need to do that with my Gigabyte Mobo since it detects everything from the start. When I used the unedited DSDT I got a kernel panit about ACPI so I removed the DSDT from Extra

Can anyone tell me if I can make it work on more ports than 1 output?

Edited by lordmeka
1 person likes this

4 answers to this question

man, please say me how you can install it? i'm trying without sucess. i have some motherboard and one fx 8320

man, please say me how you can install it? i'm trying without sucess. i have some motherboard and one fx 8320

What did you try until now?

My booting flags for the install was :  /amd64 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 -v

What I can tell you is that my motherboard is not working well with external hardrives because OSX is shutting down the USB ports and stops my External Hardrive

You could also try /amdfx npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) -v

I use PCIRootUID=1 because my video card requires it

I am not an expert but maybe I can help you out with what I know, but you will have to tell me what did you try until now.

And please tell me what hardware do you have.

Edited by lordmeka
1 person likes this