Attempting to update Niresh12495-OSX-10.8-USB using 10.8.5 manual combo update

Question

Hi, guys!

I installed the Niresh12495-OSX-10.8-USB version into my Toshiba Satellite C855-S5214. This laptop originally comes with an Intel B970 processor, but I changed it to a Pentium 2030M for virtualization support (VT-x) and upgraded to 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM. I also changed out the half pci-e wifi to an Atheros AR9280 for native OS X support and added an iOmega Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle, which is also natively supported so long as EHCI loads properly. Now that i stated all the mods, I guess I can now ask: How can I properly update to 10.8.5 without failing the update installation? LOL I attached the installer log, so hopefully someone can help me figure out what I should do. I know that you may ask, "Why didn't you just use Niresh 10.8.5?" The reason I didn't, although I tried, is that the 10.8 version is automagically giving me 771 MB of VRAM under Intel HD Graphics (based on HD 2500) for this processor whereas the 10.8.5 distro is giving me a black screen or whatever else it may do and I have no idea where to begin to fix that. LOL I've been going on all this for about a week now. The SMBIOS for this 10.8 install was automatically generated as a MacPro3,1.

So, outside of all that crap that I wrote, again I ask: How can I properly update to 10.8.5 without failing the update installation?

Thanks for any and all assistance or suggestions you may give and sorry for all the writing. Just trying to be somewhat detailed. LOL

Very respectfully,

Ricky

Installer Log 5-Oct-2015.txt

smbios.plist

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

1 answer to this question

Any thoughts? Any kexts that I should backup and reinstall besides the generic XHCI kext (not using that anyway) so I can avoid the failed update? Being that it's using the Intel HD Graphics, what kexts have been modded that I may need to back up and reinstall to make the graphics work? I'm just throwing stuff out there to see if anyone has a suggestion... I'd much rather install the Niresh 10.8.5, but I can't figure out the black screen issue after boot up. Maybe some suggestions for that?