Stuck at "Hackintosh Zone" loading screen
2 2

Question

Hello,

I'm attempting possibly my 5th attempt at getting OSX working on my computer, been at this for a couple years now.

I've run through all the stages up until I get to the "Hackintosh Zone" loading screen and the bar wont progress.

I've left it about 5-10 minutes on each custom kernel, they all get me this far. If I try without any kernel I get an instant reset and also weirdly "/AMDFX" apparently can't be found.

I'm running a AMDFX6300 (so amdfx might be kinda useful).

I have a UEFI Bois and whenever I disable CSM on restart my computer will in able it due to my graphics card. I was also unable to find an option for "XHCI" (which some bios apparently don't have) or an option for "windows type" or "wake up lan" I went through the entire bois checking every screen to be on the safe side as mines set out quite differently.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm using a Chameleon drive.

EDIT

Left it running for about 1-2 hours on /amd and /amd64 (I have a vague memory that last time I tried to do an OSX install /amd64 or /amdfx was the one I got the most progress with) still not progress....

UPDATE, I'm giving it a shot at doing Mavericks instead. I've managed to get to installing (so far will know soon how it goes) on the kernel amdfx... I am somewhat wondering why AMD FX is missing on the Yosemate version? Should I try re downloading it? Either way if Mavericks works I'm happy enough but I am curious why I couldn't get amdfx before on Yosemite.

Edited by Getkeen

4 answers to this question

When you're putting the bootflags add -v (It make a black loading background with white text) and take a shot when it stops to see what's going on.

When you're putting the bootflags add -v (It make a black loading background with white text) and take a shot when it stops to see what's going on.

Is that a good enough picture?

IMAG0005.jpg

Edited by Getkeen

Try booting with this bootflag: npci=0x2000

Edited by Derpy33
1 person likes this

Okay so I ended up using Mavericks and it worked with the "AMDFX" bootflag to get into the installer. Now I had quite a serious faff trying to actually get it running well but at the end I managed with the Null Computer Power management (think that's the name or something very close) and bootflags GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Though pretty sure that is set to default on seemed to get better results adding it) PCIRootUID=0 and for the first boot starting it up with -v and -x (when the computer had run properly once i didn't have to boot into safe mode [[ -x ]] but make sure you let the Niresh business do it's thing on the top right corner before rebooting as you will end up with annoying issues otherwise) also USB only works after a reboot.

So point being I think the fact AMDFX is missing from Yosemite is rather annoying but hey ho, I got a fully running OSX machine.

Ps gonna start another thread on this but for anyone else doing an install with Mavericks or maybe any OSX if I install Windows first then when I install OSX my  boot partition "System Reserved" disappears which is how you boot back into Windows and I have to do a fresh install of windows so I suggest doing it the other way round (I've installed osx about 4-5 times over the last week for different reasons and this always happens).

1 person likes this