Am I being too ambitious?
1 1

Question

Hi guys, I'm a noob to this, but I have a backup computer that isn't being used that I'd really like to run Niresh on.  The specs are listed below:

Gigabyte EP43-UD3L - I know it's not listed as a MB that will work, but I figured it may be close enough to a lot of the other Gigabyte models

Intel Q9650 Quad Core

Nvidia GeForce 460 Graphics

I was trying to boot OS 10.8.5 from CD and I kept getting stuck at Apple logo.  I tried PCIRootUID=0, no luck, and when I tried -v, the screenshot shows as far as I got.  I'm sorry if I'm asking noob questions, and perhaps the answer is simple.  Any suggestions??

post-8023-0-50751200-1390024460_thumb.jp

5 answers to this question

Now I'm trying again with Mavericks USB.  I got it installed, but I've been watching the Apple boot screen for 20 minutes with the little block across it.  The little cursor below is still moving so I assume things are still happening, but the block across the Apple logo makes me think otherwise.

Ran -v, it goes for about a minute, and right before I can take a picture it goes black and I have to reboot.  It makes it past keyboard and mouse messages.  I will try to get a picture tomorrow but it goes black so fast........

Giving up for the night.  Attached is a picture just a few lines above where it crashes.  I just can't click the camera fast enough to get what the next line says........

post-8023-0-62428100-1390039823_thumb.jp

really nice if you got solution ,,if not then i am here