Extract and replace the kernel with Pacifist for El Capitan 10.11
1 1

Question

I have been reading the instructions for installing El Capitan with MacPwn.

from here

http://www.hackintosh.computer/?p=197

The current MacPwn version supports only OS X EL Capitan Version 10.11 (15A284) which can be downloaded here, any how this Utility can be used with any latest EL Capitan versions from AppStore but you have to Extract and replace the kernel with Pacifist, this limitation will be fixed soon...

And the instructions don't tell you how to extract the kernel and the El Capitan that I downloaded from the App store is a later version....you know? 

So can someone please kindly tell me how to extract and replace the kernel for El Capitan?

Edited by markashburner

3 answers to this question

hi i'm having the same issue, i followed the instructions from the link above to extract the kernel, but thats all the instructions tell you, what I still don't know is how to replace the kernel once it's extracted and with what? I assume you replace with Yosemite kernel yes? But how do you do that? I've been trying to replace it with pacifist and just drag and drop which lets you replace the extracted kernel alright, but I still cannot replace the kernel inside el capitan installer as the el capitan kernel is still there after you extract it with pacifist. Am I missing something here? I know I can just go and download macpawn version of el capitan to save me all this hassle, but I would like to know how to do this for future reference. Thanks in advance for any help.