HDA ALC286 - not booting after last security update
1 1

Hey People,

I have been running Yosemite since the first release on my Acer Aspire 5720G which I altered to run OS X.

I have swapped the CPU with a T7800, upgraded the ram to 4GB, swapped the MXM graphicscard with a GeForce 8600M GS and replaced the WiFi card with an Atheros 5B95 one.

Until now it has been running flawelessly.

Yesterday I decided to do the last (security) update from the appstore and as expected, the sound stopped working.

I tried reinstalling the patched AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler3.kext and everytime I do this, my hackintosh refuses to boot.

Luckely I backuped the Extensions folder so with my usb installer I moved the back to my Libraries folder and the thing boots again, but with no sound.

I also tried installing the VooDooHDA.kext, but the thing still won't boot if I do this. Replacing the Extensions with my old ones fixes this, but still no audio.

Am I overlooking something here ?

I have Chimera as my bootloader and like I said, I got everything working (except for the webcam which I don't use anyway) but this last security update broke something really bad.....

1 answer to this question

Never mind you guys,

I reïnstalled and after that I did my updates and installed the kext for my soundcard after everything was done.
All working just fine now.