Some Graphics issues with MSI AMD R9 380 GPU
1 1

I have Yosemite Zone somewhat installed. There was some graphics problem, so I had to boot into single user mode and do the grafix backup all command. After that, I installed the AMD9000Controller, AMDFramebuffer, and AMDSupport kexts through Kext Wizard. I rebuilt the kext cache and rebooted. I was able to boot into OS X, however, there's still some graphic issue. About this Mac recognizes my graphics card as AMD R9 xxx 4096 MB. I get 1920x1080 resolution, but when I move some windows around, there's obvious jerking and glitching and the dock is not transparent as it would be on a real Mac.

I've already got my Ethernet and audio fixed, but I just need graphics to work properly. 

What else should I do? I'm lost at this point now. 

*Edit 1*

I installed the AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle file and it seemed to help a little. The animations are still laggy, but not as much as before. There's still some jerking/distortioning when I move a window across the screen, but it isn't as noticeable as it used to be. 

However, there's still some lag going on.

CPU: AMD FX8350 @ stock speed

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev.4

RAM: 8GB (2x4) Patriot Viper @ 1600 Mhz

Graphics Card: MSI R9 380 4GB

Storage: 1x 250GB SSD (Windows 10 Pro), 1x 64GB SSD (OS X 10.10.1) 1x 2TB HDD (Storage for WIN 10) 1x 160GB HDD (Storage for OS X)

PSU: Corsair CX750 non modular

Edited by MasterofPuppets
Tried a new thing to see if it fixed problem; it did a little.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet