installation Installation: Still waiting for root device
2 2

Question

I am stuck in the installation of Yosemite 10.10.1 on a HP Elitebook 8560p, after booting into the Yosemite Zone installation.

After loading the voodooPS2 trackpad kext there comes a respons with "No interval found for . Using 800000", after a while the line "Still waiting for root device" shows up with no progress..

Used the site google.com but no specific fixxes for my specific installation fail.. is there anyone here with working bootflags or other fixxes for this problem?

Thank you in advance

4 answers to this question

On 12/13/2015, 9:41:07, hiddehs said:

I am stuck in the installation of Yosemite 10.10.1 on a HP Elitebook 8560p, after booting into the Yosemite Zone installation.

After loading the voodooPS2 trackpad kext there comes a respons with "No interval found for . Using 800000", after a while the line "Still waiting for root device" shows up with no progress..

Used the site google.com but no specific fixxes for my specific installation fail.. is there anyone here with working bootflags or other fixxes for this problem?

Thank you in advance

I actually installed it but after it restarted, THEN I got this error. Please let me know if your problem is similar.

One note, I first tried with AHCI and never got past AHCI : No ECDT error. I switched to ATA and was then at least able to install, but on reboot same error as yours.

On 13-2-2016 19:10:04, griftopia said:

I actually installed it but after it restarted, THEN I got this error. Please let me know if your problem is similar.

One note, I first tried with AHCI and never got past AHCI : No ECDT error. I switched to ATA and was then at least able to install, but on reboot same error as yours.

griftopia, I fixed this problem with replacing my USB stick to another one (I was using a Padlock, maybe it was eventually locking during the installation on that point)

Finished the installation with another 8gig drive, in my case the still waiting for root device error stands for problems with the install drive. I read somewhere about the same 'still waiting...' error with the Hackintosh drive, in your case the drive that is booting up and giving the error. It is a known problem around bios settings...Have you looked into your bios settings?

First you are almost correct! Didn't think it was USB related. I was using USB port in the back of my Lenovo ThinkCentre M81. I switched to port in front. Yup dee doo !!!

Now I see hardware acceleration is not working so I'm not getting widescreen video. I have Intel HD 2000 onboard. I thought this was supported. Need to do some work here. Thinking may be go for a cheap NVidia card. I will reply back progress when I get around to it.

Thanks very much for that suggestion. USB is flaky - what you use, which port you use. Beats me.

PS - One issue to solve for later - upgrading to 10.10.5 fries the install.

On 2/16/2016, 2:42:01, griftopia said:

First you are almost correct! Didn't think it was USB related. I was using USB port in the back of my Lenovo ThinkCentre M81. I switched to port in front. Yup dee doo !!!

Now I see hardware acceleration is not working so I'm not getting widescreen video. I have Intel HD 2000 onboard. I thought this was supported. Need to do some work here. Thinking may be go for a cheap NVidia card. I will reply back progress when I get around to it.

Thanks very much for that suggestion. USB is flaky - what you use, which port you use. Beats me.

PS - One issue to solve for later - upgrading to 10.10.5 fries the install.

GeForce 210 is a cheap and ok card for hackintoshing. It's dirt cheap and its supported OOB. Just don't game with it.

You upgraded 10.10.5 through App Store? You're supposed to use this one. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1832?locale=en_US 

Let me know if it works for you. Cheers.