Can I install Windows 7 again?
1 1

Question

Hi,

i have successfully installed Niresh 10.9 Mavericks but I removed my Windows 8.

I have tried to install Windows 7 and Windows 8 with Usb stick, but when I boot with it.. nothing happens.

I have my hard drive partitioned, because i want a Dual Boot.

And I cannot choose Uefi mode or something in BIOS.

Can someone help me?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english(I am German).

5 answers to this question

Are you installing in same drive both os or different drives?

The dude I dont undestand this..

I want only to know on what i have to partition on my USB Stick (Fat32, Mac OS X Extendet, NTFS, ...).

And i want to know how i have to set my Bios settings.. I have never seen AHCI or UEFI there...

Can someone help me?

good morning. uefi is a bios type.  if your just going to install 7 don't worry about the ahci versus ide mode in your sata settings since you already have maverick installed.  as far as your partition for 7 format it ntfs and set it to primary not logical.  once you have the format on the partition rightclick the partition and select modify and set it to active.  you can use partition wizard's boot disk to do this.  just download the iso and use whatever program you prefer to burn it to a cd.  from what i've been told for what i want to do i need to do 7, 8.1, and then mavericks in that order.  i'm assuming that's because there's a chance windows might balk at the unknow partition you have for osx and give you trouble.  anyway i hope this helps. 

http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html