20 minutes problem in installation
2 2

Question

Hi, i tried to install niresh's mavericks on an external HDD but i can not pass the 20 minutes problem. I'm usign the USB installation methodMy specs are AMD e-300 64bits6gb RAMExternal HDD of 500 gbMy graphic card is the integrated in the processor (APU)This are the specs of a HP pavilion dm1 4170la

18 answers to this question

Ok .well you wont loose windows if you create a extra partition on the drive.but if you dont know what u doin is best if you install os x in external or different separate drive.

Yes but what about the problem? I can't pass the "20 minutes remain" to finish the installation. How can i fix it or pass it?

Another thing. My external HDD sounds like it shutdown while Mac OS X is "installing"

Maybe thats why u cant finish the installation because the external drive shutsdown during installation

I did something like this a while back i needed to do some testing and i grab a Usb Flash drive witch was 128GB and i format it and install Mac os x on it i think it was Snow Leopard :)Since You wanna do Testing or trying out mac os x or to learn more about hackintosh or learn steps by stepsHow to fully install and make hackintosh work on ur system or either u want to make it fullyWorking with ur system .what im saying is do you have a extra USB flash drive with biggerSize and install mac on it?

But of i install it on a pendrive, can i move the data to my HDD via ubuntu live cd (for example)?

Ok, i will try this. Install mountain lion on my external HDD and then upgrade to mavericks

hey dude i have the same 20min problem...i cannot get passed that...it just gets stuck on that 20 mins and then never moves...have you found out the solution??

please let me know if u have found the solution for the 20mins problem in the installation window

Hi, i tried to install niresh's mavericks on an external HDD but i can not pass the 20 minutes problem. I'm usign the USB installation methodMy specs are AMD e-300 64bits6gb RAMExternal HDD of 500 gbMy graphic card is the integrated in the processor (APU)This are the specs of a HP pavilion dm1 4170la

Notebook ASUS S46CM

- CPU ( Intel® Core™ i5 3317U IvyBridge 2,6 Ghz)

- Graphic Card by exact name (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM)

- MotherBoard Chipset (Intel® HM76 Express Chipset)

- Wlan (Integrated 802.11 b/g/n)

- Ethernet (Support for the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Network Connection)

- Audio Card (Integrated)

problem:

I can't pass the "20 minutes remain" to finish the installation. How can i fix it or pass it?

add print screen later....