Yosemite to install on Lenovo z470
2 2

Question

Hi! I wanna know that I want to install Yosemite on my Lenovo z470. What kind of hardware I will need? Pls let me know. When I installed Yosemite 10.10.1 on my laptop, there has a problem that is volume is not stable and I can't connect to wifi. 

1 answer to this question

I don't know about the audio, but I know that a wi-fi problem on a Lenovo Pc it's a very bad thing.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad s510p and when I installed Yosemite on it my wi-fi card did not work and there were no kext for it anywhere, it were not compatible. If this happens also to you It's a very big problem, because lenovo put a block in the Bios that impedes to change it (this block is called Whitelist), I spent weeks trying to understand what did I have to do.

All what you have to do is go here https://www.bios-mods.com create a new account and ask them for a modified bios without the Whitelist for your lenovo, they will answer immediately. It's free of charge. Then patch your bios ( is very easy and you'll find the instructions in that site) and now you can buy a new network card. I bought the Azurewave NB037H on eBay (15 euros), and with the kext that I've attached here it will work (Idk if the Bluetooth works, I used only the AirPortAtheros40.kext , just try)... Be careful to buy a your laptop compatible card. There are several on Ebay...

Good luck

Alcatraz

P.s. I know my English can be incorrect, I'm sorry about it...

AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip

IOath3kfrmwr.kext.zip

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip

2 people like this