graphics Graphical issues
1 1

Question

So i just recently built my first hackintosh and was able to install El Capitan. It detects all of my hardware correctly except for my graphics processing unit.
I have installed the (what i believe are the correct)  drivers for it, it is the EVGA Geforce GTX 960 which was in a compatible list of hackintosh parts. I can 
only get it to boot off the gpu if i set the graphics to be the standard apple graphics then insert the GPU then it only displays through the GPU but not the motherboard
and when i do that it detects the GPU properly but it says it has 0mb. But the main Issue i really need to figure out is the weird graphical glitches and artifact trails i receive
when i first load into my OS X user account and when i use safari or music production programs. I would absolutely love any help that can be provided even if its trial and error help.
This is for a client of mine and i need these things fixed. Thank you for any help provided! I will respond asap!

3 answers to this question

Hi, good to hear that you actually successfully installed El Capitan, did you use Macpwn El Capitan installer? If so can you tell me, and other members, exactly how you managed to download this application? I started with Mountain Lion and if I ever get to El Capitan it will be my 3rd upgrade - but it is proving elusive!

On 19/12/2015 9:47:16, Montez man said:

Así que hace poco construí mi primera Hackintosh y fue capaz de instalar El Capitán. Detecta todo mi hardware correctamente a excepción de mi unidad de procesamiento gráfico.
He instalado los (lo que creo son las correctas) controladores para ella, es la EVGA GeForce GTX 960, que estaba en una lista de piezas compatibles Hackintosh. Puedo 
solamente hacerlo arrancar de la gpu si puedo configurar los gráficos que son los gráficos de Apple estándar y luego insertar la GPU entonces sólo muestra a través de la GPU, pero no la placa base
y cuando lo hago que detecta la GPU correctamente pero dice que tiene 0MB. Pero el principal problema que realmente tengo que averiguar es el raro fallos gráficos y senderos de artefactos que recibo
cuando me primero cargar en mi cuenta de usuario OS X y cuando utilizo programas de producción de safari o de música. Yo definitivamente me encantaría cualquier ayuda que se puede ofrecer aunque su ensayo y error ayuda.
Esto es para un cliente mío y necesito estas cosas fijas. Gracias por cualquier ayuda siempre y cuando! Voy a responder lo antes posible!

hola intenta arrancar con nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=y ......reparas permisos y en el siguiente arranque usa bandera nv_disable mas las habituales Suerte.

Hey everyone, my apologies for a late reply. After i flashed the BIOS and wiped the hard drive to do a fresh install everything works 100% i'm now about to test the dual screen. And i did make a typo, the graphics card is EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SC, after installing the CUDA drivers it works great with no need of tricking the system into thinking its a certain mac. 

On 12/20/2015, 5:45:23, oldpedagog said:

Hi, good to hear that you actually successfully installed El Capitan, did you use Macpwn El Capitan installer? If so can you tell me, and other members, exactly how you managed to download this application? I started with Mountain Lion and if I ever get to El Capitan it will be my 3rd upgrade - but it is proving elusive!

I used a VMware image of mountain lion then downloaded Clover and also downloaded el capitan through the app store then made my boot media using clover installer. I recommend clover for anything with this. Heres the website i use for help with anything hackintosh related. http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/172672-unibeast-install-os-x-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html