2 2

Question

Configuration

Asus Z170X Premium Motherboard

i5 6600K 

Asus Strix R9 380 4GB

4x8GB DDR4-3200

Samsung Evo 256GB

I was able to install El Capitan on my PC. However I cannot get it to boot from hard drive. I have tried running ##### and Post Installation tools. But every time, I end up with Error allocating pages... Error loading kernel cache. I have tried replacing the config in my HDD EFI with the one in USB installation drive. Still same problem. I have spent over 3 days now trying to get this new motherboard working and I feel like I am so close but can't get it.

Can someone please please please help?

8 answers to this question

I solved it! Will post the complete instructions soon. Right now trying to fix

1. R9 380 Graphics Card

2. Sleep/Wake

Im having a similar issue as well, I got El Capitan installed and after the computer restarts, it's stuck in a boot loop. I even used the same boot flags I used to get it installed. Here are my system specs, any help would be appreciated.

Intel i7 5280K 3.3 Mhz

MSI X99A SLI Plus

Nvidia 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB

8 GB Ram

@Agreaves I have successfully resolved the boot issues. I am currently trying to get my graphics card working. Give me a couple of hours and I will post a guide. 

Really sorry for this delay, Finally done with everything. Here is the complete guide.

First of all, I changed my GPU to Nvidia (I returned the R9 :) because nvidia seemed easy to install). I actually bought both from Fry's and tested which worked easily. 

For your problem:

In my case, after I installed Nvidia on my Mobo, the display was going blank because GPU itself was shutting off, I could see the fans stopped rotating. This happened right after the initial Verbose Boot sequence. I was able to boot successfully with Nvidia loaded as the Graphics driver in El Capitan if I used my USB drive. Which led me thinking that I must have missed something in my EFI on the Boot Drive. So I removed my nvidia card and booted with the On board Intel HD 530. Next I copied over everything my from USB's EFI and made these changes also given in the guide: 

1. Replace the EFI in your drive with the one in your USB
  2. Under ACPI, check "Fix Shutdown" as I was getting kernel panics upon restarting the system.
  3. Use Clover Configurator to open your config.plist from boot drive and make these changes
    • Under boot, change the default volume setting to the name of your boot drive volume. It will be set to PCIE by default (in my case, I changed it from PCIE to Macintosh)
    • Change the Bootloader setting below it to BOOTX64.efi

It might solve your problem as well, so give it a shot.

My only problem is, my mother board doesn't have an on board graphics card and I only have one video card. I figured it had to be the video card shutting off. The installation process went smoothly and it seems like the default graphic drivers worked well with the card. I guess I'll try and get a second video card, it seems like that's my only way out of this problem.

I got it up and running, but I had to make some changes to the files in the EFI folder. I had to change the FakeSMC, and I had to add VoodooTCSync according to tonymacx86 because I have an i7 5280K. However, I noticed something despite the many restarts and kernel panics i had, all I did was use the same bootflags everytime it crashed, until it eventually started working. According to Macvidcards the GTX 980 Ti video cards are not fully supported by OSX 10 at the moment, but they are selling flashed versions of the video cards. So far it is running stable, but I get kernel panics every now and then. I suspect it's because of my video card. Right now I plan to work with it until I can get a compatible video card, and if you have any suggestions on video cards let me know.

On 27/12/2015 5:36:47, dashingncool said:

Configuración

Asus Z170X premium Motherboard

6600K i5 

Asus Strix R9 380 4GB

4x8GB DDR4-3200

Samsung Evo 256GB

Tuve la oportunidad de instalar el capitán de mi PC. Sin embargo no puedo hacerlo arrancar desde el disco duro. He intentado correr  #####  y herramientas de instalación de correos. Pero cada vez, me terminan con error páginas asignación ... caché Error kernel carga. He tratado de sustituir la configuración en mi HDD EFI con la de la unidad de instalación USB. Aún así mismo problema. He pasado más de 3 días, ahora tratando de conseguir este nuevo trabajo placa madre y me siento como que estoy tan cerca, pero no puedo hacerlo.

¿Puede alguien por favor por favor por favor ayuda?

HOLA puedes intentar con las siguientes banderas -f -v Npci=x2000 o Npci=x3000 nv_disable=1 o nv_disable GraphicsEnabler=y      etc y dale tiempo de respuesta.

ha y si tienes instalado el camaleon pulsa 2 en el arranque para despues ingresar las banderas. Suerte.