Cannot even get to the Clover/Chameleon menu?

Hello people,

All day I have been searching on the forums but no one seems to have the same problem as I am having.

I put the bootable USB drive into my PC, start my PC up.

Now first things first.

I went to change my BIOS settings, and it seem that I have very limited options compared to everyone else. Pretty much, the only changes I can make that seems to matter for this installation is to change the SATA mode to "AHCI". This is strange in itself. Pretty much everyone seems to have more options than me on their BIOS, which is strange because my computer isn't outdated at all. I own an Acer Predator from 2012.

Moving on.

I save and exit the BIOS, and upon boot up, I press F12 to come to the boot driver selection. I select the USB drive, but Windows starts booting instead of getting me to this Clover menu everyone speaks about. Now that Windows has started booting up, Before its time for the Windows logo to appear, the computer restarts automatically. The next time I boot up windows after this happens, it takes me to a screen with two options: "Start Windows Recovery (recommended)" and "Start Windows Normally". The second option will make the computer restart again in the same way, and the recovery doesn't work either. The way to fix this is basically to go back to BIOS and change back the AHCI to RAID, which was the setting before I changed it, only then can Windows start functioning again.

I have uploaded photos of my BIOS options. I have tried changing my BIOS settings trying out different settings, with no luck. The settings you see in the pictures aren't necessarily the ones I tried running, I took the pictures after I had set the settings back to default again.

I have searched different forums, and NO ONE seems to have had this problem (my fucking luck). People have been writing heaps about not being able to start the installation for the El Capitan FROM the Clover menu, but I can't even get to this fucking clover menu to be able to start the installation which everyone talks about. This is really starting to bug me.

By the way, I have tried erasing the USB and starting from scratch several times, both Legacy mode and the other mode, and gotten "successful installations" so its not a matter of reinstalling the USB drive.

My specs are:

Acer Predator G3610

Intel Core i3

AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series

BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. P02-A2

Windows 7 Home Premium.

I would appreciate some quick help, I have to get El Capitan running for some work-related things as soon as possible.

PS: Sorry for the horizontal pictures, don't know why that happened.

2 answers to this question

Does your BIOS setup have any UEFI / Legacy boot option?