Fresh install on AMD system sucessful (kinda). Now what??
2 2

Question

Hello folks

I'll start by listing off my system:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2+/FM2 A88X

CPU:  AMD A10 7870k APU

8gb HyperX 1866MHz 2x4gb ram

Crucial BX100 500gb SSD

So, I have successfully installed the Niresh Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 and I only needed to add the npci=0x2000 flag to do so. YAY!! Anyways, I set it up, made an account, let it do the background configuring when it first reaches desktop. Luckily the all-in-one tool found here worked to get my Ethernet and audio running, now just need graphics

So, yeah it's booting and working now, to a point. Here are my current issues now:

-No graphics driver  (system is wrong resolution, super glitchy, and just messed up)

-It all just feels broken, slow, and full of glitches. (absolute torture to try and use)

So what now? I have a basically crippled Yosemite machine. How do I go about getting my graphics running?

I do recall seeing kexts available for the Radeon R7 250 (which is what is on my APU), but no idea what to do with them, I tried installing  with kext wizard, but it did absolutely nothing. Tried installing them with kext utility, no go. 

Also, what else do I need? I feel like i need way more than just a graphics driver

If someone can help me out or point me the right way, i'd REALLY appreciate it!

1 answer to this question

Hi, can you help me to get the installer to boot? I am at a lost as to what to enable or disable in the bios