Computer can only boot in safe mode Yosemite 10.10.1

Hi all,

I have installed Yosemite Niresh on my computer but I can only boot in safe mode (see my config at the bottom).

I managed to complete the Install with the following boot flags:

• /amd64 PCRootUID=1 npci=0X2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v -x

I managed to sucessfully reboot a few times without any flags, however the resolution was 1024x768.

I installed the graphics kexts Ati Radeon HD 5750 (0x68BE1002) from the download section using kext wizard + repair permissions and cache reduild, then rebooted

• on the system report graphics/displays shows that the graphics card is not recognized, no kexts are loaded, the monitor is not recognized either, the resolution is 1400x1050 at that stage

Out of desperation I installed SwitchResX, filled in the monitor info and the graphics resolution, then rebooted

• Without any flags: stuck on grey screen prior to login with spinning beach ball on the left corner
  • With -x flag: boot all the way through and logged in successfully in full resolution  (system report shows all the correct info display and graphics)

Tried to tweak the boot.plist with chameleon wizard (-F, -S, PCIRoot=0, GraphicsEnabler=Yes...) one change at the time + reboot, still no luck, can't narrow down to anything in particular, I cannot boot my computer other than in safe mode.

I have installed Yosemite 3 times now, trying to do things in a different order but the result is always the same. SwitchResX definitely helps to get the GC and monitor recognized but I believe it is also responsible for preventing me to boot normally. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Asus M5 A97 R2.0 (no Integrated Graphics Card) / AMD Phenom II X4 955 / 8 GB RAM / Asus Radeon HD5750 / 500GB HD / Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM (1920x1080)

1 answer to this question

Little update, I can now boot normally since I have removed AMDRadeonX3000.kext. I have full grahics resolution but no acceleration. I suppose it's better than a kick in the teeth....