Boot Fail
1 1

Question

Last night I proceeded to install Yosemite on my custom rig.

After Yosemite installed onto my ssd hard drive off of my external hard drive, I began to go into the BIOS to boot from the ssd.

When I booted, the Hakintosh red apple logo with the axe appeared, it proceeded to boot but it got 1/3 of the way there and then this showed up:

IMG_4542.thumb.JPG.e34d8e0e6f6e6e4b8da38

I tried running in safe-mode by booting with -x but the results changed by very little.

The change was that it begun blue and green and then switched to black and red except there was a cursor (extremely corrupt cursor).

My computers specs are of so:

- Intel Core i7 4930k

- 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (@1333mhz) (2 sticks of 4GB DDR3)

- ASUS Saber-tooth x79 (2011 motherboard)

- nVidia 9800 GT (512mb of GDDR3 RAM) (yeah I know, an outdated graphics card. However another forum said it was still supported)

Install Process

- Installed off of a 500 GB Toshiba external hard drive

- Booting off of a 250 GB Samsung evo 850 ssd

I have yet to try booting with the /haswell (as I saw it *could* help in another forum)

Please respond soon I am a high school freshman and I need MAC OS X for Mac's xCode for my science fair project.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I hope that was clear enough. I could clear up a couple more things if you need so.

Edited by o0EDGZ0o
a bit more precise

2 answers to this question

All I had to do to resolve my issue was use the boot flag: NPCI=0x2000 . Problem solved, until I got a GTX 960 lmao

I had to use the verbose flag to see where I got hung up. It went through almost everything with no issues but hung up on a "bluetooth issue-after the DSMOS load. Found out it was a graphics driver/card issue. I had to use the "grafix backup all" boot command. Or you can select this in the customize option of the install.