Can't Boot From Yosemite-Zone dmg made USB
1 1

Question

Hi

I've been struggling from many days to install OSX on my Samsung Laptop with these specs:

• Memory: 4GB
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4 
  • Graphics: Intel® Sandybridge Mobile

But problem is I am unable to boot from usb disk, I've created usb as suggested in guide using Trans Mac and Yosemite-Zone dmg file followed by formatting for Mac step and my BIOS is set to boot from USB first but it just do nothing and simply goes to secondary boot device and load windows.

Would be great if some one can help me out...

P.S

I have tried using Mavericks files and disk image tool too but no luck.....

Thanks 

5 answers to this question

Check your boot mode! UEFI or Legacy! Try to boot in UEFI mode and select your flash drive from the boot menu. If it goes to the second boot device again try to boot into Legacy boot mode and select your flash drive from the boot menu! Write soon your result.

8 hours ago, kristian ivanov said:

Check your boot mode! UEFI or Legacy! Try to boot in UEFI mode and select your flash drive from the boot menu. If it goes to the second boot device again try to boot into Legacy boot mode and select your flash drive from the boot menu! Write soon your result.

I've tried UEFI and AHCI switching on and off with all possible combinations but no luck :(

6 hours ago, marksMan said:

I've tried UEFI and AHCI switching on and off with all possible combinations but no luck :(

You've changed the BOOT MODE, right? Your SATA controller need to be AHCI. UEFI and LEGACY boot is under Boot Mode in your BIOS settings. Try using another USB port or another USB drive.

19 minutes ago, kristian ivanov said:

You've changed the BOOT MODE, right? Your SATA controller need to be AHCI. UEFI and LEGACY boot is under Boot Mode in your BIOS settings. Try using another USB port or another USB drive.

I have only ENABLE and DISABLE options for both AHCI and UEFI and i have tried enabling both, enabling one disabling other and inverse of that too 

Enter your Boot Menu(probably with F12 or F9) and choose your USB drive to boot from