Latitude e6500 Laptop
1 1

Question

Thought I would start this thread since I thought this was a well supported laptop, but Vanilla install simply refused to work, giving me a screen that flipped between two images (wierdest thing I have ever encountered in all mostly unsuccessful hackintosh adventures).

So gave Niresh 10.10.1 a shot. Bam! Complete success. All I had to do was to select the Nvidia Drivers under "Customization".

Wifi works - replaced existing 5100 card with 1510 card. Note the numbers, they are similar but stock device has 5100.

Bluetooth not working (but really, how many times do we use it?)

Sound works, and Graphics looks like it is working (widescreen and working)

Finally, and this took me a few attempts. DO NOT upgrade to 10.10.5 from AppStore. Instead go to Apple website and download the 10.10.5 combo update. Then simply install from the DMG following on screen instructions. Nothing gets fried.

So now, for the first time in almost 2 years I have a completely functional hackintosh I am proud to say I build purchasing all used parts for a grand total of $72. I can now patiently wait for El Capitan (is Niresh listening?) :D

What is not working - if any one can please help me.

1) Bluetooth (Dell 370) says "No Information". Not sure if its working or not, am guessing not.

2) SD Card reader. Says I don't have any installed. WTF?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet