mavericks Mavericks In VirtualBox - Windows Host
1 1

Question

Anyone willing to help a newbie out? I'm trying to set up a VirtualBox Guest of Mavericks or El Capitan on a Windows Host. I have the InstallESD.dmg files from two separate Macs that I use at work, one Mavericks, one El Capitan. Both are verified bootable, checked with DiskMaker X and booting to the USB Drive. For some reason, I can't just boot from them in a VM like I could Lion (10.7). I'm not sure what I need, but it sounds like a bootloader is necessary, as I keep meeting a EFI screen that won't do anything but tell me the command I just entered was not recognized. I have no clue where to find one, which one is best, or how to use one. Just wondering if anyone can help me with that. A step by step guide would be fantastic. 

One of my main concerns was my hardware. However, my processor, the E3-1230 V3, is a Haswell-based server processor which, in theory, has the same architecture as a Haswell i7 with no integrated graphics. tonymacx86 lists the i7-4770, 4790, and both K versions as compatible with Hackintosh's, which should mean good new for me. The MSI Z97 Gaming 5 is also on that list, and I have the Z97S SLI Krait Edition. Very similar boards. The GTX 750 Ti is also on the list, which leads me to believe that hardware shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Thanks for any help with this. I've been wanting to play with OS X at home for awhile now. Finally having the courage to try and get this done.

*EDIT* I forgot to list my specs list... Oops.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

16GB (4x4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866

EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB

256GB ADATA SSD

1TB Seagate SSHD

Corsair CX430M

NZXT S340 in Whtie

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet