Question

Hey guys,

I've recently installed 10.10.1 Yosemite Zone on my old LGA775 MSI G31 Motherboard. Everything works hunky dory. App store is good, audio, and ethernet works (internet has some hiccups where I have to Remove and Add my Network Interface every reboot to get it working).

But my problem is regarding my Display. 90% of the time I start my Hackintosh, I can only see a maximum of 1280x960 resolution. My monitor is detected as SANYOLCD_24K50.

However, there are rare times where I see my available resolutions go up to 1080p. Whenever I get these 'golden' settings, my monitor just say VGA Display (meaning my monitor is not detected(?)) Screenshots posted below.

I don't know what or where the problem is. Of course I want to be able to see all available resolutions. How do I do that? Attached is my Chameleon settings. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

TL;DR:

Sometimes I see high resolutions in my Display Preferences, most of the time I'm limited to 1280x960. I use a VGA cable and my GPU is GeForce 210. What's causing it?

P.S. Holding down Win button and clicking Scaled just bumps it up to 1280x1024. I'm hoping to be able to get to 1600x1200 resolution. Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 6.51.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 4.37.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 5.04.39 PM.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet