Boot error
1 1

Question

Hi, 

I have been trying to hackintosh my laptop and have an error. When I boot it up, there are no boot flags which will work. I have looked all over the Internet and there is non that will work. If you look at photos it will show the screen I'm on. I also have the Yosemite and Mavericks and non will work.

my specs:

1. emachines laptop 
  2. 32 bit 
  3. Intel atom 

Dose anyone know what to type in?

any help will be highly appreciated!

thanks!

image.jpeg

6 answers to this question

By 32 bit you mean your Intel Atom is 32bit only? How old is the laptop? Also, 1GB RAM ain't gonna cut it even if we can manage to make it work.

Try this boot flag nonetheless arch=i386

Hi,

i don't know to much about it but I have done a test on it and it said 32 bit (I don't know if this is the Intel atom or not) also the laptop is about 3 years old

Can you boot in verbose and try to remember what part it gets stuck?

32-bit and 64-bit hardware support

All Atom processors implement the x86 (IA-32) instruction set; however, support for the Intel 64 instruction set was not added until the desktop Diamondville and desktop and mobile Pineview cores. The Atom N2xx and Z5xx series Atom models cannot run x86-64 code.[21] The Centerton server processors will support the Intel 64 instruction set. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Atom#32-bit_and_64-bit_hardware_support

I'm not sure but I think Mavericks kernel is 64bit only. But your Intel Atom could be 64bit for all we know. Did the arch=i386 didn't work? Try cpus=1 too. Cheers.

It loads up into the first picture in this post and then I type in the command, it then says s) and goes back to that screen.

do you think this computer will work with it?

Maybe it isn't compatible. Double check your BIOS settings. Also try USBBusFix=Yes
If still out of luck, I don't know how else we can fix it. Sorry.

No it has not worked :( 

thank you for helping me,

Thomas Herward