AMD A8 APU - What boot flags do I use to install?
1 1

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I'm pretty new here. I'm not very technologically smart (I'm honestly quite a noob) but I hope you can bear with me!

Here are my computer specs according to CPU-Z: http://imgur.com/a/Cathx

I have an HP Pavilion 500-424 PC. It's got 8GB RAM, 2TB hard space, and an AMD A8-6410 APU with integrated Radeon R5 graphics. I have a working, bootable OS X Niresh Mavericks USB drive. I have all of my BIOS settings properly configured (I think - it boots from the USB). I've tried to boot it using multiple flags.

I have never got in to the OS X installer. In fact, I can barely get to the Apple logo at all. When I do get to the Apple logo, either nothing happens, or I get an "EFI not supported" error message panic. Other times, I get to a black screen doing absolutely nothing, or my PC just restarts. I have tried hp, amd, amd64, and amdfx as kernels.

"amd" gave me an instant "EFI not supported" kernel panic, "amd64" gives me a white screen with the Apple logo doing absolutely nothing (I waited for, like, fifteen minutes and it didn't do anything). "hp" just restarts my computer back to the "select your boot disk" screen. "amd -v" gives me an error: "tsc_init: EFI not supported!\n"@/Users/iMac/Desktop/xnu-2422.1.72_by_bronya_sinetek_anv_rc7/osfmk/i386\tsc.c:616". "amd64 -v" just gives me an infinite black screen after entering the boot flags and getting past the boot disk menu. "hp -v" just restarts my computer. I'm using VGA (as my monitor doesn't have anything else I can use). Did I not wait long enough on the Apple logo with "amd64", or did I not wait long enough at the black screen in "amd64 -v" (I waited for five minutes)? Or am I simply not using the right boot flags? Any help that may lead me in the right direction would be of great help! Thank you!

Edited by MarioMover
Added a bit more detail and information.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet