Installed successfully but cannot reboot whitout USB
1 1

Question

Hi everybody!

Thank you for this great job!!!

I installed Niresh Mavericks whit success,it work great on my computer but i have to press f8 everytime to lauch the boot menu of my motherboard and select the usb bootable and after that i can select my os...Whitout the usb i cannot boot its normal?

Thanks in Advance.

Asus Maximus VI Hero

Core i5 4670k

16 go Corsair Vengeance

Gtx 560 2GB

15 answers to this question

boot with usb goto mac download latest chameleon boot loader in download section installl it you will get your solution

7 people like this

boot with usb goto mac download latest chameleon boot loader in download section installl it you will get your solution

Thank you i do it now.

1 person likes this

I have same problem. Mavericks works great, but I can boot it only with usb, if i try to boot without usb, i have boot0: error. A tried chameleon, chimera and lot of others, but every time i unplug usb, i have that error. Thanks for any reply. :)

Files needed: boot, boot0 and boot1h (from attachment) 1. Extract the file archive and open a Terminal window there.2. Use sudo ­s to assume root privileges.3. Install boot0 to the MBR:

fdisk ­f boot0 ­u ­y /dev/rdisk04. Install boot1h to the bootsector of your OS X partition:dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s25. Copy the ‘boot’ file to your root partition:cp boot /6. Make sure your OS X partition is flagged as active.

standalone.zip

probably also depend upon your error you got ..but you can use this method it definite workss

Files needed: boot, boot0 and boot1h (from attachment) 1. Extract the file archive and open a Terminal window there.2. Use sudo ­s to assume root privileges.3. Install boot0 to the MBR:fdisk ­f boot0 ­u ­y /dev/rdisk04. Install boot1h to the bootsector of your OS X partition:dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s25. Copy the ‘boot’ file to your root partition:cp boot /6. Make sure your OS X partition is flagged as active.Attached FilesAttached File  standalone.zip   507.29KB   0 downloa

when i boot without usb stick there goes the screen off and reboots i see no errors? should i have i try? with Chameleon Wizard? I have nothing to loose because i setup mac but have no working stuff on it. Until it works ^^

Files needed: boot, boot0 and boot1h (from attachment) 1. Extract the file archive and open a Terminal window there.2. Use sudo ­s to assume root privileges.3. Install boot0 to the MBR:

fdisk ­f boot0 ­u ­y /dev/rdisk04. Install boot1h to the bootsector of your OS X partition:dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s25. Copy the ‘boot’ file to your root partition:cp boot /6. Make sure your OS X partition is flagged as active.

I'm so sorry, but I'm totally stupid. I'm noob. I tried it, but it can't find directory or what.

Can U please do a picture or video tutorial? Thanks a lot..

Last login: Thu Jan 23 11:20:14 on ttys000

Gyllys-Mac-Pro:~ gylly$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *16.2 GB    disk0

1:                  Apple_HFS Niresh-Mavericks        5.7 GB     disk0s1

/dev/disk1

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *300.1 GB   disk1

1:               Windows_NTFS                         256.9 GB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Sandwich                43.2 GB    disk1s5

Gyllys-Mac-Pro:~ gylly$ sudo s

Password:

sudo: s: command not found

Gyllys-Mac-Pro:~ gylly$ fdisk f boot0 u y /dev/rdisk1

usage: fdisk [-ieu] [-f mbrboot] [-c cyl -h head -s sect] [-S size] [-r] [-a style] disk

-i: initialize disk with new MBR

-u: update MBR code, preserve partition table

-e: edit MBRs on disk interactively

-f: specify non-standard MBR template

-chs: specify disk geometry

-S: specify disk size

-r: read partition specs from stdin (implies -i)

-a: auto-partition with the given style

-d: dump partition table

-y: don't ask any questions

-t: test if disk is partitioned

`disk' is of the form /dev/rdisk0.

auto-partition styles:

boothfs     8Mb boot plus HFS+ root partition (default)

hfs         Entire disk as one HFS+ partition

dos         Entire disk as one DOS partition

raid        Entire disk as one 0xAC partition

Gyllys-Mac-Pro:~ gylly$ dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s5

dd: boot1h: No such file or directory

Gyllys-Mac-Pro:~ gylly$

when i boot without usb stick there goes the screen off and reboots i see no errors? should i have i try? with Chameleon Wizard? I have nothing to loose because i setup mac but have no working stuff on it. Until it works ^^

I have same problem. I tried all bootloaders...

i'll not able to help you untill you tell mr your system specs

@ boot with your installation media which is Usb or Dvd afterwards  select Terminal type sudo 

then use above commands and also download and extract files to usb 

i'll not able to help you untill you tell mr your system specs

If you want you can also help me in this topic: http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/851-samsung-np530u4b-a01pl-almost-working%E2%80%A6-after-install-boot-problem/ .I have Samsung Series 5 NP530U4B-A01PL laptop. I think it's possible to run MAC os on my laptop:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uis7ar15OwgHe did it.

Hi,

I tried to réinstall Niresh Mavericks 10.9 and i fixed my problème whit the "clover UEFI bootloader" that i checked before the installation and I put my hard disk containing Niresh first in my bios and now i can boot whitout my USB...Clover come in the screen and i can choose Mavericks or Windows 7 or anything else.Everything Works great,the sound,the graphics,internet and i updated Mavericks on the Appstore..

It's very cool from you guys,you do a great job...keep it up,,,

Thank you very much...

Motherboard Asus Maximus VI HERO

Intel Core i5 4670k

SSD Kingston 120GB

16 GB Corsair Vengeance

Nvidia GTX 560 2GB

I know this problem..

You all should change your primary boot drive into the drive that you have installed Niresh-Mavericks, restart and go to bios settings and change it.

maybe this can help you :)

I know this problem..

You all should change your primary boot drive into the drive that you have installed Niresh-Mavericks, restart and go to bios settings and change it.

maybe this can help you :)

Thanks for your help it's nice but i have already solved my problem.It was the bootloader,i tried CLOVER UEFI BOOTLOADER and now everything works great.