Audio pop and crackle on otherwise flawless AMD build
1 1

Question

I've installed Mavericks on my A1-6800k APU using the default install configuration and everything works perfectly except for the audio, which pops and crackles when my computer is put to any sort of work.

For example, if I play music in iTunes without having any other applications active, the music plays smoothly, but if I turn on the default iTunes visualizer, or use an application that reads/writes a lot to my HDD, the audio begins to pop and crackle.

I've tried using the Audio MIDI Setup to change the format to 44100.0 Hz and to use 2ch-16bit Integer, but although this reduces the pops and crackles, it doesn't eliminate them.

My PC:

My motherboard is an ARock FM2A75M-DGS, which has ALC662 audio.

I an using an AMD Radeon HD 7750 discreet card for my display.

I have 8GB of DDR 3 Ram, running at 2400mhz.

I have a regular HDD, running at 7500rpm, and another HDD, which runs at 5000rpm.

I am using the default VoodooHDA audio configuration, as installed by the distro.

I use the Chameleon bootloader.

I'd be really grateful if some resident genius could help me to get my audio working without the glitches!

3 answers to this question

Sometimes reinstalling the audio kext or reinstalling to a updated one works best.

I'm having this exact problem. The audio is near-perfect, but when the CPU is put to any kind of "work" as OP stated, it will pop or crackle. I will try @weeknd's method and report back.

EDIT:  The "All In On Audio Solution" may have helped a bit. It still happens, but it's definitely less frequent.

AMD FX 8350
8 GB 1333 MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048 MB
USB Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro

ASUS Motherboard