Post installation kext file help.

Hi! I'm a complete newbee, so I apologize if I got my perceptions wrong about what I've been reading for the past week or so, which, I MUST say, has rendered me more confused than illuminated. I understand that after a successful install of - in my case - of Yosemite using a Yosemite.zone USB install, I end up with a crippled laptop but basically working. I assume that I have no native DSDT nor SSDT files sitting in their respective directories - because I have looked for them and they are nowhere to be found - and I'm still unclear as to where my Hackintosh is booting from. Below I've attached a text file containing my TOSHIBA S855 Satellite laptop's specs.
I have managed to find a very important kext file to activate my AMD Radeon 7600 graphics card. The installed/running vanilla VGA driver gives me only 1024 x 768 resolution and flashes constantly, making typing and/or reading very frustrating and difficult. Also, the window's control buttons and bar get obscured or completely disappear frequently, adding to the frustration.
I have managed to EXTRACT A CLEAN DSDT.aml file from the same laptop, in a Windows 7 environment - I dual boot using Chimera - which I managed to clean up until it compiles ok. I've also attached the clean - .asl - text version of this, prior to compilation.

I still have several devices that aren't recognized, such as bluetooth, card reader, wi-fi, sound, USB2.0 (3.0 works). I feel lucky that most devices other people have problems with, work in my case, such as sleep, battery, cpu, touchpad, DVD, etc.

Now the questions are:

1 - Will this compiled DSDT.AML file still need further tweaking with additional patches (kext files)? I seem to believe that is the case from posts I've read from other users attempting similar results with their hardware.

2 - Assuming I have successfully compiled this patched dsdt.aml file, how do I go about placing it, and its counterpart SSDT.aml, where they are expected by the OS to boot? 

3 - I followed the instructions attached to the Radeon kext, using the tools - attached to the downloaded zip file - to patch the (I assume) existing dsdt file, and watched the substitution of an existing AMD 7600 kext in some system folder. I took the chance to reboot after this, expecting the laptop to use the new kext, but nothing happened, luckily! I could easily have ruined my half-ass installation, being uncertain of what I was doing!

4 - I used DiskUtility to be able to locate the supposedly existing EFI (UEFI?) partition where one of these files reside, to no avail. Is such partition created using the mentioned USB install?

5 - If that is not the case, do I need such partition?

6 - If answer to 4 is YES, how do I create it without disturbing my existing setup?

7 - Does the Mac not check for installed hardware during installation of the OS, just like Windows does?

8 - I've seen some non-Mac supported devices' kext files - like AMD for graphics and sound in some system folders. Am I right to assume this is the good work of the people who customized the install tools?

9 - If answer to 7 is yes, then, why does the Mac not detect the non-supported hardware with the ADDED kext files I just mentioned?

As you all can see, I'm completely baffled by all this, and would certainly appreciate any help some good samaritan may bring forth.

Thanks! I look forward to receiving some replies.

revised dsdt.adsl

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet