Memory Allocation error at boot. Non Recoverable, System Halted
1 1

Question

I was able to get Mavericks installed, but at first boot I get a fatal error. I'm guessing it's coming from my video card ("File: ati.c, Line 1772")

My Equipment:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H bio rev 7

Intel i7 4770k socket 1150

20Gb G.Skill DDR3

Pyro 120gb SSD

post-4839-0-84749600-1390414531_thumb.jp

19 answers to this question

If you are installing thru Niresh Usb you can delete all graphics kexts and try that way

2 people like this

If you are installing thru Niresh Usb you can delete all graphics kexts and try that way

I was able to get it launched and set up using the internal graphics, but that sort of defeats the purpose of having the nice video card. I'll re-install trying your suggestion. Thanks

You can always install the other videocard once you finish installing mac os x first..the reason for using the internal videocard is for installation purpose only..once you finish installing mac os then you can proceed and connectingThe videocard and installing the drivers kexts

2 people like this

I dont know if you get what im trying to say

2 people like this

I dont know if you get what im trying to say

I did get it. And it did work, I set my BIOS to run the internal Video, on installation I un-checked the Video Kext, completed the install, set the computer up(initially), re-booted into the BIOS changed back to my 7950, and it restarted fine

Now comes the fun part....... setting everything up.

Thanks for the help!

1 person likes this

I did get it. And it did work, I set my BIOS to run the internal Video, on installation I un-checked the Video Kext, completed the install, set the computer up(initially), re-booted into the BIOS changed back to my 7950, and it restarted fineNow comes the fun part....... setting everything up.Thanks for the help!

Your welcome!! Have fun :)
1 person likes this

Your welcome!! Have fun :)

I am!

One of the odd things I've noticed, is that I am not able to adjust my volume. I am using the Optical output, and I can change to that output, and get sound, but the volume slider is greyed out. I've updated the kexts (AppleIntelE1000E) for my board(ALC-898), but that didn't fix it either.

Another Question/Issue:

I have 2 different SSD's one is for my Win 7 installation, the other is for my OS X. In the BIOS, it lists my OS X drive(SATA0), and my Win 7 Drive(SATA1), it also lists my Windows boot partition. I can set the BIOS to boot to OS X 1st, but when I select my 2nd boot option to Windows 7(NOT the boot partition) it will show both OS's in Chameleon, but if I try to boot to Win7, I get a boot error. If I set the 2nd boot drive to the Windows Boot partition, it doesn't show up in Chameleon. That partition is what I have to set in the BIOS to boot to Win 7

I can boot to either drive, I'm forced(at this point) to change the boot order in the BIOS when I want to go from Mavericks to Win 7, and I am still determining if I can make the full switch to OS X. So I still need to run my Windows OS

Have you try and fix that issue using Chameleon Wizard ? Theres an option to choose when you have windows in a different drive and mac os in another drive.Give it a try and report back!Be sure to make a backup or anything files you need in case you mess something up

After you do that make sure you set the mac drive as primary boot cause chameleon bootloader is installThere.

Have you try and fix that issue using Chameleon Wizard ? Theres an option to choose when you have windows in a different drive and mac os in another drive.Give it a try and report back!Be sure to make a backup or anything files you need in case you mess something up

I did try using Chameleon, and that didn't seem to work. I'm thinking it may have to do with the UEFI and how it's creates the Windows partitions. I'll get more info when I get off work in a few hours

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks for the feedback

After you do that make sure you set the mac drive as primary boot cause chameleon bootloader is installThere.

I do, I also have it connected at SATA0, with the Windows drive connected to SATA1

Ok :) im here to help

So, It's a little slow at work right now(Dont tell the boss ;))

In my BIOS, I have my OS X Drive set to Boot #1

For the Windows drive, the UEFI has 2 entries, 

"UEFI Windows Boot Manager"

"UEFI OCZ 256"(My Windows 7 installation)

To normally boot into Windows I have to select #1 - "UEFI Windows Boot Manager" as my 1st Boot drive. Easy enough.

The problem I have is that when I set boot order to:

#1 - OS X to 1st Boot

#2 - UEFI Windows Boot Manager.

Chameleon does not see "UEFI Windows Boot Manager". It doesn't even list it. I only get the option to boot to OS X

If I change the #2 Boot to "UEFI OCZ 256"(My Windows 7 installation), then Chameleon does see the Windows installation, but when I select the Windows installation, I get a "No MBR Boot" error

So it seems that I either need to get Chameleon to see the "UEFI Windows Boot Manager", OR I need to get Windows boot loaders onto the "UEFI OCZ 256"(My Windows 7 installation)

All of which is a scary proposition, messing around with boot loaders   :unsure:

EDIT***** Just found this over at (tmac86's site) "Installing UEFI for Windows 8 and dual booting with Mountain Lion can't be done using Chimera / Chameleon as the boot loader - they cannot see the Win8 boot files partition."

time for a ton more reading ;)

You are right! I think you need do add some flags to chameleon to make it see the partition.I also wanted to ask did you made the mac os partition active ?Maybe thats the reason you have to keep chossing between them

1 person likes this

here is a lil Guide on how to do it step by step There are a lot of people who experience a b0 error on their first boot up after installation. Or the bootloader immediately takes them back to the Windows installation (on dual boot).These people probably forgot to set the MacOSX partition "Active"A common mantra provided here to newbies for setting up for installation is:Make the partition PrimaryMake the partition ID=AF (signifies an HFS partition)Make the partition ActiveThere is a built-in Unix utility in MacOSX that can be used to set your partition "Active". It is called FdiskSetting Your Partition "Active" Using FdiskWords in bold below are things you must type (followed by Enter).1. Boot your Mac OS X install dvd2. Once the installer is running, go to the Utilities menu and open Terminal3. Determine which disk your MacOSX partition is onType diskutil listVerify which disk number holds your partition (disk0, disk1, etc.)4. Start using FdiskAssuming the MacOSX disk is the first disk ("disk0"), thentype fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 <== use "rdisk" with your disk number here !!Ignore the error "fdisk: could not open MBR file ..."5. Determine which partition for MacOSX needs to be set "Active"Type pVerify which partition is for MacOSX (1, 2, 3, etc.) 6. Set the partition "Active"Assuming it is partition 1, thentype f 1 <== use your partition number here !!7. Save and exitType writeType y (yes you are sure)Type exit (to quit)8. Remove the install DVD and reboot
1 person likes this

If you havent set the mac as active ,follow the steps in the Guide and let me know.shhhhhhh (i wont tell the Boss man) LMFAO :D

2 people like this

You are right! I think you need do add some flags to chameleon to make it see the partition.I also wanted to ask did you made the mac os partition active ?Maybe thats the reason you have to keep chossing between them

Yes, It's active, and I am actually having no issues at all; booting into OS X(which I find ironic)

It's the Windows Partition that is giving me the blasted error. Looking a little bit at Clover..... I'll update in a bit

Hey guys,

i have the same Problem. The System runs with the internal HD4000 wonderful. But when i will use the Nvidia 650M with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i have the same error.

My hardware is a Samsung Chronos 700Z7C S03DE

I cannot deaktivate the HD4000 in the Bios.

Has anyone a tip for me ?

I have Maverics 10.9.3 by Niresh :-) :-)