SSD is not being recognized?

Question

Hello,I'm trying to install Niresh's OS X Mavericks build on my PC, however running into issues. I'm using a USB to boot the installer. I can boot to the installation screen fine, can open terminal, everything works. However, my issue is that my SSD that I want to use is not being picked up in Disk Utility, only the USB and the base system is picked up. I've tried booting a Ubuntu live CD, running a secure erase on the SSD to wipe all past data and then create a partition table in "mac" format within gparted then creating a partition as /dev/sda2 labeled "Macintosh". But, no sign of that SSD in the Disk Utility of the installer.My hardware;AMD FX-8150M5A99X Evo motherboard16GB RAMRadeon HD 6950SSD is an Intel 520 Series 120gbBooting with flags: amdfx -vIf somebody could assist me in getting this running, that would be great!

11 answers to this question

You need to identify your chipset and possibly use a patched IOATA kext that will support it.

Any idea how I can go about doing that?Total noob to the Hackintosh stuff.

But is the ssd reconize in the bios ?

Bios can recognize it, Ubuntu Live CD can recognize it. Just OS X installer is having issues recognizing it. My SATA ports are all AHCI enabled.Any idea?

Have you try Niresh 10.8.5 just to see if it get reconize if it does just get to diskutility and just partition it ,then get back to 10.9 and see if it shows in diskutilty and just install os x 10.9Just a sujestion :)

1 person likes this

Have you try Niresh 10.8.5 just to see if it get reconize if it does just get to diskutility and just partition it ,then get back to 10.9 and see if it shows in diskutilty and just install os x 10.9Just a sujestion :)

Giving that a try right now, then I'll report back with results!

That picture is just the bootloader initial screen. It does not necessarily mean OS X will then see your SSD.

I'm aware of that. Currently downloading 10.8.5 to test if that'll recognize the SSD.

I'm aware of that. Currently downloading 10.8.5 to test if that'll recognize the SSD.

Ok download and try it and report back .im here to help :)
1 person likes this