Failed to boot the usb MACOSX El Capitan into my Acer 8951G Laptop: Boots windows all the time
1 1

Question

Failed to boot the usb MACOSX El Capitan into my Acer 8951G Laptop: Boots windows all the time

I am trying to install El Capitan to my laptop Acer Ethos 8951G laptop.

I did my USB boot drive accordig to the OS X El Capitan 10.11 UniBeast 6 Clover Installation Guide .

So I made the Boot USB and then I went to the Bios of my Laptop and there is not such "Optimised defaults" so I loaded the default Bios values and saved them. Then I changed the boot order with F12 to boot from the USB stick but nothing happened ... and Windows 7 starts loading up...

Iam lost because no matter which method I follow when i try to boot it do not recognize the USB boot drive and runs immediately to windows.

Help here what I need to do...

Here the specs of my laptop just for you to check if its compatible wth Macos El Capitan or other version:
Mainboard : Acer SM81_HR
Chipset : Intel HM65
Processor : Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2000 MHz (max : 2900)
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : Intel® HD Graphics 3000
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 555M
Hard Disk : Seagate ST9750423AS (750GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S
Monitor Type : N184H6-L02 - 19 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Network Card : Broadcom BCM43227 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth: Broadcom
Fingerprint: EGISTEC
USB 3.0: Renesas
Webcam: Integrated
Speaker: 5.1 Dolby integrated

The BIOS of my Laptop is from InsydeH2O and there are only few parametres that can be changed..

It just have:
- "Information (sistem and Bios Information not editable)",
- "Main" (that haves option Quiet Menu, Network Menu, F12 Boot Menu, D2D Recovery and SATA Mode)
- "Security" (boot passwords, etc)
- "Boot" ( all devices that can be ordered to boot first (HDD0, HDD1, ATAPI CDROM, USB FDD, USB HDD, NETWORK BOOT, USB CDROM)
- "Exit" (save, default values, etc)

2 answers to this question

same here I have Acer 8950G

with almost the smae specs only difference is my GPU is Radeon HD 6850M

try :

Bootloader :   MacPwn 

Post Installer: MacPois0n

and tell me what happened

and by the way which software u used to know exactly what is ur Laptop Specifications like that accuracy ?

Hi haniscape!

i am new in these hackintosh things so a help would be gratefull..

ok i have installed in my Acer Snow Leopard with iboot and the retail DVD of Snow Leopard (got an image from thei internet and then burn into a DL DVD). All seem fine apart that i alwas need to boot from the iboot cd... And it doesnt recognise the wireless network card.. No wifi..

i could boot with USB so i found the iboot cd alternative and it worked!

Now i can try to boot with the bootloader but where do i find it and ehere are the instalation procedures?? 

Thanks!