Hello from Newbie with Boot0: Error on Existing Hackintosh
1 1

Question

Hello from Newbie with Boot0: Error on Existing Hackintosh

Hi Guys. I am totally new here.

My name is John and i'm from Bristol. Been playing around with Hackintoshes since OSX Lion. I'm no expert but have always managed to get by.

I wondered if maybe one of u guys could help me out.... 

I've had Yosemite running now for about a year. The other day i think i might have deleted some files i shouldn't have. Now when i try to boot i get the dreaded Boot0: Error. I have found a few fixes for this problem but can't get any of them to work. Basically when i boot from the USB i get to the clover bootloader, then it doesnt matter whether i chose to boot from from the installed Yosemite or from the USB, i still get the same result. The black screen with the white apple logo... then the status bar starts moving.... when it gets to about half way and the monitor goes to sleep. The computer stays on but monitor goes off....

This is my system

GRAPHICS: Asus Ati Radeon Hd6450 Silence 1 Gb Ddr3

FIREWIRE CARD: Syba 2 Port 1394B with 1 Port 1394A PCI-Express x1 Card with Low Profile Bracket

CPU: Intel Core 2600K Sandy Bridge i7 3.5GHz

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 7.1 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB : 4 x 4 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 1600 MHz ( PC3-12800 )

and here is where it stops in verbose mode just before the monitor goes to sleep. (See attached pic)

Thanks in advance

John

IMG_9068.jpg

PS. I have also tried doing a fresh install of El Capitan.... that does exactly the same thing!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet