OS X 10.8.5 Halting On Boot
1 1

Question

Hello,

I am trying to install 10.8.5 on my PC. However, I am having issues getting it to boot it is just stopped at FakeSMC and also giving a bunch of "could not find" errors. I am using bootable USB dmg as installation method via Clover.

My hardware;
AMD FX-8150
M5A99X Evo motherboard
16GB RAM
Radeon HD 6950
SSD is an Intel 520 Series 120gb

Booting with flags: kernel=amdfx USBBusFix=Yes -v

Image of the error: http://i.imgur.com/ySHkNgl.jpg

Could somebody help me out with this? I am trying to get to use the Disk Utility so I can install Mavericks on a partition. However, having issues installing Mavericks too (see: http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/887-ssd-is-not-being-recognized/ ) so I thought I'd try to boot 10.8.5 to see if it'll recognize my SSD, however it seems it doesn't want to even boot. :(

10 answers to this question

You need help with 10.8.5 or 10.9 ?

10.8.5Trying to get the installation for 10.8.5 running to see if it can detect my SSD because Mavericks wouldn't. However, 10.8.5 won't even boot to installation

Even if you partition the solid state drive with a third party application/software it does not get reconize ?

1 person likes this

Even if you partition the solid state drive with a third party application/software it does not get reconize ?

No, just on OS X it's failing to recognize.

Wow i wonder what the issue could be..il check for a solution and get back to you

1 person likes this

Im having the same problem with my ssd intel 80gb and i just can't it to show up at all :-(

I came across the same problem.

My solution was to change the SSD SATA cable to a higher speed SATA port on my motherboard. (3GBs works)

The drive was then recognized.

Hope this helps